On 19/11/2005, Mangalore Traffic Police had arranged an interaction programme with the public to discuss various aspects of traffic management of Mangalore city. About 300 participants from all walks of life attended the meeting. The meeting was chaired by SP DK Sri.B.Dayananda. Besides Addl SP Sri.Lokesh Kumar, RTO Sri.Ramesh and Executive Engineer Mangalore City Corporation were also present on the stage.
- Problem of parking in various parts of the city
- Shortage of manpower of Traffic Police wing of the city
- Problems of Bus operators
- Problems of lady commuters
- Lack of discipline of autorickshaw drivers
- Footpath vendors
- Implementation of Traffic Warden system
- Problems faced by parents in dropping their children to schools
- Vehicluar congestion and noise pollution
The SP DK heard the suggestions and assured of suitable action wherever required. He also told that a proposal for the creation of two more traffic police stations for the city has been sent to the government and the same is still pending. He also told that if the people of the city come forward, traffic warden that is already in existence in Puttur town will be introduced here als0. In addition Student Road Safety Programme will also be initiated, he added.
The meeting that lasted for about three hours was very lively and interactive. SP DK assured that such meeetings will be held regularly in future. Accordingly he announced that the next meeting will be held in the month of January 06.