- A case of Burglary has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On the night of 27/08/2007 some unknown culprits gained entry into the house belonging to one Venkataramanayya R/o Shedikaje Kalanja village Sullia Taluk by breaking the front door lock and committed theft of gold ornaments and a wrist watch all in worth Rs. 15,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Cruelty by husband and relatives along with Dowry Prohibition Act has been registered in Konaje Police Sation on the complaint of one Surekha (28) R/o Kudthadka Bajal Mangalore Taluk. In the complaint it is alleged that accused Umesh K. (husband) and relatives Bantappa Moolya, Leelavathi, Prakash and Sudhakara gave physical and mental harassment to Surekha to bring more dowry.
Road Traffic Accidents: 01
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 30/08/2007 at 2200 hrs at Siddhavana Ujire village Belthangady Taluk one Manju driver of Tempo Traveller bearing Reg. No. KA-03-B-5221 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and lost control over his vehicle due which the vehicle capsized. As a result Vishwantha R/o Marduru village Belthangady Taluk, Siddesh, Shrinivasmoorthy and Ramanji who were travelling in the said Tempo Traveller sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: 01
- A case under Criminal breach of trust and Cheating has been registered in Panambur Police Station where in accused driver of lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-25-B-4542 and the owner of said lorry committed criminal breach of trust to one Kiran Kumar B.K. R/o Kulur Mangalore Taluk, Transport contractor, who had given contract to the accused to transport pig iron material (17 tons) from Kisko Factory to Balaji Marketing at Hydarabad on 27/07/2007. The accused persons cheated Kiran Kumar without supplying the material to Balaji Marketing at Hydarbad.
Attempt to Murder: 01
- A case under Criminal restraint, Hurt along with Attempt to Murder has been registered in Kadaba Police Station. On 30/08/2007 at 1800 hrs accused Tulasidharan, Kamala and Mallika criminally restrained one Keshavan G. Pillai R/o Mitthodi Noojibalthila village Puttur Taluk near his house and assaulted with sickle and attempt to kill him. The motive seems to be civil dispute between them.
- A case of abandoning a newborn child has been registered in Belthangady Police Station on the complaint of one Baby (38) R/o Ajithnagar Ujire village Belthangady Taluk. In the complaint it is alleged that on 27/08/2007 at 1315 hrs some unknown persons left their newborn baby at Ajithnagar Ujire village Belthangady Taluk and went away.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 30/08/2007 at 1615 hrs one Hajira (33) R/o Katipalla village Mangalore Taluk committed suicide along with her daughter Nashwa (06) by jumping into the well near her house owing to personal problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 298
Fine amounts collected: 19,000/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.