- A case of Burglary has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 30/10/2008 in between 0845 hrs and 1315 hrs some unknown culprits gained entry into the house belonging to one Mohan B. Hegde (49) R/o Jodukatte Bannur village Puttur Taluk by breaking the door lock and committed theft of gold ornaments worth Rs. 24,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Criminal restraint, Outraging the modesty of women along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Kadaba Police Station. On 30/10/2008 hrs accused one Yaldoes (42) criminally restrained one Anitha R/o Kakkenadka Kutrupady village Puttur Taluk near her house and outraged the modesty of her by pulling her hand and also gave life threat to her.
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 30/10/2008 at 1030 hrs near Govt hospital at Perlampady Kolthige village Puttur Taluk one Belliyappa driver of jeep bearing Reg. No. CNX-4595 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Santhappa R/o Kolthige village Puttur Taluk a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries. The jeep driver escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 29/10/2008 at 2030 hrs at Apperipade Kepu village Bantwal Taluk one driver of KSRTC bus bearing Reg. No. KL-15-6654 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against an auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-149. As a result Madhukumar (24) R/o Kepu village Bantwal Taluk who was traveling in the said auto rickshaw sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Rioting along with Hurt has been registered in Barke Police Station. On 30/10/2008 at 1830 hrs accused Sandeep Shetty, Rajesh, Sandeep Poojary, Ganesh Poojary, Vinod Poojary and Nagaraja who were in Judicial custody at Sub jail Bejai Mangalore forming into an unlawful assembly and assaulted Mohammed Rafeeq and Pakeer by hand who were also in judicial custody at there.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report:Nil
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 361
Fine amounts collected: 46, 800/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.