- A case of Robbery has been registered in Bajpe Police Station relating to an incident of chain snatching. On 29/11/2008 at 1015 hrs one Usha (30) W/o Harish R/o Moodukare Kandavara village Mangalore Taluk was on her way to home by walk. At that time two unknown person came in a motorcycle and snatched the gold chain from her neck and ran away with their motorcycle. The value of the property is Rs. 16,000/.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 29/11/2008 at 0130 hrs some unknown culprits gained entry into the Bhushan Bar & Restaurant at Hampankatte Mangalore belonging to one Balakrishna Poonja R/o Bharathi Nagara Bejai Mangalore by breaking the shutter lock and committed theft of cash Rs. 1,00,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 03
- A case under Procuration of minor girl, Rape, Wrongful confinement along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Kavoor Police Station. In between 27/10/2008 and 25/11/2008 accused one Venkatesha (22) R/o Panjimogaru Mangalore procured a minor girl R/o Mosque road Panjimogaru village Mangalore and forcibly raped her. Further Venkatesha kidnapped her and wrongfully confined her and also gave life threat to her.
- A case under Cruelty by husband and his relatives along with Abetment of suicide has been registered in Surathkal Police Station on the complaint of one Raju Kulal (50) R/o Madyapadavu Surathkal Mangalore. In the complaint it is alleged that accused Suresha and his mother Rajeevi R/o Sanna Nagara Kulai village Mangalore Taluk gave physical and mental harassment to one Pavithra W/o Suresha R/o Kulai village Mangalore Taluk to bring more dowry due to which on 29/11/2008 at 0100 hrs she committed suicide by hanging in her house.
- A case under Criminal restraint, Outraging modesty of woman along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 29/11/2008 at 0530 hrs accused one Nisar Aliyabba criminally restrained one Renita (28) R/o Uliya Ullal Mangalore near State Bank at Mangalore and outraged her modesty by pulling her hand. He also gave life threat to her.
Road Traffic Accidents: 04
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore Rural Police Station. On 28/11/2008 at 1900 hrs on NH-17 at Jappina Mogeru Mangalore one Mohammed Haneef driver of Maruti car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-N-9218 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-9218. As a result one Krishnappa Gatty (57) R/o Jappina Mogeru Mangalore rider of said motorcycle sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 29/11/2008 at 0830 hrs at Satthikallu Kedila village Puttur Taluk one driver of Travera car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-Z-4370 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a Bicycle. As a result one Mohammed Hyrish R/o Kadeshivalaya village Bantwal Taluk rider of said bicycle sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 29/11/2008 at 1200 hrs near Marigudi at Belalu village Bantwal Taluk one Jayandara Shekara rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-E-7699 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Poovappa Naik a pedestrian and caused him grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 18/11/2008 at 1500 hrs near Jyothi circle at Sullia Town one Rathnakara driver of Pickup vehicle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-6236 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Gokuldas (45) R/o Sullia Town a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Kidnapping has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 29/11/2008 at 1130 hrs accused Ronny Fernandez, Alwyn Fernandez and other 2 persons came in an Innova car bearing Reg. KA-19-B-7827 and criminally restrained one Nisar Aliyabba at Adamkudru Jappinamogeru village Mangalore Taluk and abused him in filthy language and assaulted him by hand and kidnapped him owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: Nil
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 617
Fine amounts collected: 64,000/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.