- A case of Robbery has been registered in Panambur Police Station relating to an incident of chain snatching. On 29/02/2008 at 0745 hrs near Kudhuremukh Company at Panambur Mangalore one Varlin Vegas (21) R/o Thokur Jokatte village Mangalore Taluk was on her way to home by walk. At that time Santhosh David D’Souza R/o Kavoor Mangalore snatched the gold chain from her neck and ran away. The value of the property is Rs. 20,000/.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Beltahangady Police Station. In between 27/02/2008 at 2030 hrs and 28/02/2008 at 0600 hrs some unknown culprits gained entry gain into the hotel at Muddhadka Kuvettu village Belthangady Taluk belonging to one Shekar Shetty (38) R/o Uppadka Odinala village village Belthangady Taluk by breaking the shutter lock and committed theft of 4 gas cylinders all in worth Rs. 3,200/.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Beltahangady Police Station. In between 27/02/2008 at 1900 hrs and 28/02/2008 at 0700 hrs some unknown culprits gained entry gain into the shop at Muddhadka Kuvettu village Belthangady Taluk belonging to one Ganesh Shetty R/o Arkaje Macchina village Belthangady Taluk by breaking the shetter lock and committed theft of arecanut (200 kgs), Black pepper (12 kgs) and cash Rs. 8,000/ all in worth Rs 15,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 05
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 28/02/2008 at 1900 hrs at Periyalthadka Puncha village Bantwal Taluk one Ravi Naik driver of auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-3618 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Gabriel Montero (65) a pedestrian and caused him serious injuries. Further Gabriel Montero succumbed to his injuries while on the way to hospital.
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Venoor Police Station where in one Praveen (25) R/o Moodukodi village Belthanagdy Taluk was declared dead while under treatment on 28/02/2008. The said Praveen sustained seriously injured by a pickup jeep in a road traffic accident on 23/02/2008 at 1530 hrs at Kepady cross Arambody village Belthanagady Taluk and admitted to Wenlock Hospital at Mangalore. In this connection a case has already been registered in Venoor Police Station.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Urwa Police Station. On 27/02/2008 at 1430 hrs at Kottara Mangalore one Ramesh driver of lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-19-AB-7914 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-P-704 driven by one Krishna Kumar K. V R/o Kodialbail Mangalore. As a result car got damaged. No casualties reported.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 27/02/2008 at 1530 hrs at Munchur Surathkal Mangalore one Manjunatha driver of Tempo bearing Reg. No. KA-19- B- 6421 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-X-3490. As a result motorcycle rider one Taranatha Shetty (40) R/o Kulai Viallage Mangalore Taluk sustained grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 27/02/2008 at 0900 hrs at Marnabailu Sajipa Munnur village Bantwal Taluk one Jayarama rider of motor cycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-L-7337 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against an Activa Honda scooter bearing Reg. No. KA-19-R-2627. As a result one Peter Castalino (48) R/o Boliyaru villagfe Mangalore Taluk rider of said Activa Honda scooter sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Criminal restraint, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Kadaba Police Station. On 26/02/2008 at 1900 hrs accused Ammunchi, Sundara, Lokayya and Moorthy criminally restrained Ananda Mogera (30) R/o Nekkare Alankaru village Puttur Taluk near his house and assaulted him by hand and also gave life threat to him. The motive seems to be the civil dispute between Ananda Mogera and accused persons.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: Nil
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 428
Fine amounts collected: Rs.42, 100/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.