The following are the crimes reported in D.K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 30/11/06.Murder: Nil
Ordinary Theft: 01
- A case of Attempt to commit theft has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. In between 28/11/2006 at 2300 hrs and 29/11/2006 at 0630 hrs some unknown culprits gained entry into the Mangalore City Corporation Building located at Mangalore Service Bus Stand Mangalore by breaking the door lock and attempted to commit theft.
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 04
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Barke Police Station. On 29/11/2006 at 1400 hrs one driver of Lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-19-4615 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against an auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-5026 which was parked at road side near Mannagude Mangalore belonging to one Vincent D’Souza (54) R/o Mannagude Mangalore due which the auto rickshaw got damaged. No casualties reported.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Uppinangadi Police Station. On 28/11/2006 at 1545 hrs near Perne Uppinangadi one Panduranga driver of Lorry bearing Reg No. KA-34-5831 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against another Lorry bearing Reg No.KA-34-3596. As a result one Murugesh (35) driver of the Lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-34-3596 sustained simple injuries. Both the vehicles got damaged.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Uppinangadi Police Station. On 29/11/2006 at 0820 hrs at Periyadka Puttur Taluk one Honnappa Gowda rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-L-8519 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against another motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-J-1276. As a result motorcycle rider one Lakshmana Gowda K.V. PSI Subramanya Police Station sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 29/11/2006 at 1600 hrs at M.T. Road Puttur Town one Srinivas driver of Lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-19-1299 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Tajuddin (24) a pedestrian and caused him grivious injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: 02
- A case of Cheating along with Criminal breach of Trust has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station where in accused Nebeesa (51) w/o Mohammed N, Zakariya (36) R/o Zakariya Manzil Balila Sullia and M.P. Mohammed (54) R/o Guttige house Yenmuru village Sullia Taluk produced the forged documents and took a loan of Rs. 2,00,000/ from Vijaya Bank at Kankandady Mangalore Taluk and cheated the Bank by not making the payment.
- A case of Cheating slong with Forgery has been registered in Belthangady Police Station on the complaint of one Dinesh Bangera (39) President Uli Seva Sahakari Bank. It is alleged in the complaint that one Vittal M (48) R/o Armadi house Maninalkur village Bantwal taluk while he was working as Manager of Uli Seva Sahakari Bank at Kakkepadavu Uli village Bantwal taluk between the years 1998 and 2005 forged the fixed deposit and other documents of the customers and cheated the Bank to the tune of Rs. 1,16,12,474/.
Attempt to Murder: 01
- A case under Hurt along with Attempt to Murder has been registered in Konaje Police Station. On 29/11/2006 at 1400 hrs accused Musa Kunhi R/o Manjanady village Mangalore Taluk abused one Ismail R/o Madapadi Manjanady village Mangalore Taluk and his wife Jamila (34) in filthy language near their house and assaulted them with sickle and tried to kill them owing to personal enmity.
- A case of Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Barke Police Station. On 29/11/2006 at 1550 hrs at Mangalore city Corporation hall accused Jeevan D’Souza abused one Krishnappa Poojary Commissioner of Mangalore City Corporation in filthy language and also gave life threat to him owing personal enmity.
- A case of Criminal intimidation has been registered in Barke Police Station. On 29/11/2006 at 1550 hrs at Mangalore city Corporation hall at Mangalore Taluk accused Kamalaksha Salian Corporator of Mangalore City Corporation gave life threat to one James D’Souza Corporator of Mangalore City Corporation owing to personal enmity.
- A case of Affray has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 29/11/2006 at 2100 hrs accused Vivekananda (29) R/o Meenakaliya and Santhosh Kumar (20) R/o Attavara picked up quarrel and started fighting over trivial issue in a public place at seashore Panambur Mangalore Taluk. The Police arrested the accused and took up a case under affray (sec 160) IPC.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: Nil
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Girl missing has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. One Deepthi Melita Noronha R/o Noronha Compound Jeppu Majila Mangalore Taluk went to St. Agnes College on 28/11/2006 at 0800 hrs and did not return to her house there after. She was found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 310
Fine amount collected: 16,610/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824 2220500