- A case of Burglary has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. In between 19/11/1006 at 2000 hrs and 20/11/2006 at 0800 hrs some unknown culprits gained entry into the Campus Exclusive Fancy Cards Shop at Nayaks Arcade Hampankatte Mangalore belonging to one Ananha Nayak (35) R/o Alake Mangalore by breaking the shutter lock and committed theft of cable wires, bangles and other articles all in worth Rs. 21,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case of MV theft has been registered in Venoor Police Station. On the night of 20-21/11/2006 some unknown culprits committed theft of Bajaj Boxer motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-K-9986 belonging to one Yuvaraja Alva (51) R/o Bolchalu Kukkedi village Belthangady Taluk which was parked in front of his house. The motorcycle is worth Rs. 10,000/.
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 20/11/2006 at 1445 hrs at Nanthoor Mangalore one unknown driver of Maruti Car bearing Reg. No. KL-03-N-1051 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a Honda Activa Scooter bearing Reg. No. KA-19-V-9484. As a result Scooter rider one Balakrishna Poojary (42) R/o Yeyyadi Padavu Mangalore Taluk sustained simple injuries. The Maruti car driver escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been Puttur Town Police Station. On 20/11/2006 at Mura Kabaka village Puttur Taluk one Ravi driver of Lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-19-9924 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a Police Van bearing Reg. No. KA-19-G-130 driven by one Kannan B. (57) C/o DAR Mangalore. As a result both the vehicle got damaged. No causalities reported.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Criminal restraint along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 19/11/2006 at 1830 hrs accused Ashoka @ Bidi Ashoka, Ganesha and Varija criminally restrained one Ajith Kumar (55) at Prakash Nagara Someshwara Mangalore Taluk and abused him in filthy language and gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Criminal intimidation has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 20/11/2006 at 1700 hrs at Prakash Nagara Someshwara Mangalore Taluk accused Ajith abused one Varija (58) w/o Damodhara R/o Pillar Prakash Nagara Kotekaru village in filthy language and also gave life threat to her owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 19/11/2006 at 2130 hrs accused Devaraj, Ananda, Goutham and Baby @ Laxmi pelted stone to the house of one Girija (55) R/o Aryapu village Puttur Taluk due which Girija and her daughter-in-Law got simple injuries. They also assaulted one Girija with wooden stick and gave life threat to them owing to pervious enmity.
- A case under Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 20/11/2006 at 2115 hrs at Goliyadka Markanja village Sullia Taluk accused Vasudeva R/o Pura and Shivarama abused Tirupathi S (35) R/o Goliyadka house Markanja village Sullia Taluk and his friend Purushothama in filthy language and assaulted Tirupathi S by hand and also gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 20/11/2006 at Golliyadka Markanja village Sullia Taluk accused Purushothama and Thirupathi abused Vasudeva Gowda (55) R/o Markanja village and his friend Shivarama in filthy language and assaulted them with sickle and also gave life threat to them owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case of house gambling under Karnataka Police Act has been detected in Mangalore Rural Police Station limits. On 20/11/2006 at 1900 hrs on credible information Belliyappa K U PSI Mangalore Rural Police Station along with his staff conducted a raid on 2nd floor of Sowrab Complex located at Pumpwell Mangalore. At the time of raid Police found 06 persons playing “Ander- Bahar” with cards. The Police seized cash Rs. 490/ and playing cards from the spot by arresting Alphonza D’Souza, Ummar, Shankar Shetty, Asif, Ichajabba and Gopala Krishna who were indulged in gambling
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. One Devamma (55) w/o Kuppayya R/o Haduhalli Murkodi Bhatkal was injured due to snake bite near her house on 16/11/2006 at 1600 hrs. She was admitted to Wenlock hospital where she was declared dead while under treatment on 20/11/2006 at 0830 hrs.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 317
Fine amount collected: 19,700/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824 2220500