- A case of Burglary has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On the intervening night of 29-30/06/2008 some unknown culprits gained entry into the Sri Mruthyunjeshwara Temple at Mundoor village Puttur Taluk by removing the roof tiles and committed theft of cash Rs. 5,000/ by breaking the Kanike Hundi.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case of MV Theft has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 29/06/2008 in between at 0700 hrs 0930 hrs some unknown culprits committed theft of a Maruti 800 car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-N-2604 belonging to one Dr. P. Kishore Rao R/o Kodialguttu Mangalore that was parked in front of Lions Club at Mallikatte Mangalore. The Maruti car is worth Rs. 48,000/.
Crime against Women: 02
- A case under Rape, Criminal intimidation along with SC/ST Prevention of Atrocity act has been registered in Belthangady Police Station where in it is alleged that one Purushothama Nellipadavu criminally restrained and forcibly raped one fourteen year old girl while she was coming from school at Palladalike Puduvettu village Belthangady Taluk before nine months ago due which she became pregnant. Further she gave birth to a child on 28/06/2008 at Lady Goshan hospital Manglore. He also gave life threat to her.
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 27/06/2008 at 1830 hrs accused one Vinaya Bhandary (37) R/o Pangalai Parladka Puttur Town abused one Celina Squire (32) W/o Vincent Squire R/o Pangalai Parladka Puttur Town and her mother in filthy language near her house and assaulted them with stone and also gave life threat to them. The motive seems to be civil dispute between Celina Squire and accused person.
Road Traffic Accidents: 04
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 28/06/2008 at 2200 hrs on NH-17 at Baikampady Mangalore one unknown driver of lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-30-A-1479 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a Bicycle. As a result one Thangaswami (45) R/o Kodikal Mangalore rider of Bicycle sustained simple injuries. The lorry driver escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mulki Police Station. On 29/06/2008 at 0830 hrs at Battakodi Thalipady village Mangalore Taluk one Santhosh Vijaya driver of lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-19-C-7733 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a Rickshaw Tempo bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-8270 due which rickshaw tempo capsized. As a result one Abdul Razak (32) R/o Mennabettu village Mangalore Taluk driver of tempo sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 29/06/2008 at 1245 hrs at Thenkila Puttur Town one Purandhara driver of auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-21-8006 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-H-807. As a result motorcycle rider one Rajesh Mascarenas R/o Thenkila Puttur Town sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Kavoor Police Station. On 29/06/2008 at 1000 hrs at Panjimogaru Mangalore one unknown scooter rider drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Thomas (76) R/o Panjimogaru Mangalore a pedestrian and caused him grievous injuries. The scooter rider escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under Karnataka Forest Act has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 29/06/2008 at 0300 hrs on credible information PSI Puttur Town PS along with staff on routine patrolling near KSRTC bus stand at Puttur apprehended one Mohammad Shahikath and seized 5, and scissor from his possession that was kept illegally there for sale.
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 29/06/2008 one Unknown aged about 70-75 years accidentally fell down due some illness near Snanghatta Dharmasthala village Belthangady Taluk and died on the spot. The death seems to be due some illness.
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Boy missing has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 26/06/2008 at 1200 hrs one Abdul Bashir (15) R/o Lokkoni Punacha village Bantwal Taluk went to school at Bulleri Katte Boodu Punacha Bantwal Taluk and did not return his house there after. He has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 231
Fine amounts collected: 56,000/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.