- A case of Robbery has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station relating to an incident of chain snatching. On 30/03/2007 at 2130 hrs near Utility tower at KS. Rao road Mangalore, one Gayathri R/o Balmatta Mangalore was on her way to home in a Honda Activa scooter bearing Reg. No. KA-19-Q-977. At that time one unknown person came and approached her and abused her in filthy language, forcefully closed to her. Further he snatched the gold chain from her neck and robbed her handbag and also took away her Honda Activa scooter. The total value of property taken away is estimated to be Rs. 69,000/.
- A case under Burglary has been registered in Urwa Police Station. In between 29/03/2007 at 2100 hrs and 31/03/2007 at 1100 hrs some unknown culprits gained entry into the house belonging to one Ganapathi Shenoy (60) R/o J.B. Lobo road Kodikal Mangalore by breaking the front lock and committed theft of gold ornaments all in worth Rs. 1,53,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 30/03/2007 at 1215 hrs on NH 17 near NMPT Main Gate Panambur Mangalore Taluk one Krishnappa (45) R/o Karkala Taluk Udupi district driver of Lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-20-A-6216 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-8189. As a result one Mohammad who was traveling in the said bus sustained grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 30/03/2007 at 2030 hrs on NH 48 near BC Road Bantwal Taluk one Mohammad Rafique driver of Lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-20-A-3477 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a Maruti car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-N-1165 driven by one Lingappa Naik (37) R/o Bejai Mangalore. As a result car got damaged. No casualties reported.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 29/03/2007 at 1630 hrs near old bus stand at Sullia Town one unknown driver of Maruti car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-6431 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Puttanna P.D (30) R/o Balugodu village Sullia Taluk a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 30/03/2007 at 1300 hrs one Ramakrishna Adyanthaya (43) R/o Kolnadu village Bantwal Taluk committed suicide by consuming poison in his house owing to financial problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 30/03/2007 at 1300 hrs one Chennappa (30) R/o Parane Palthadu village Puttur Taluk committed suicide by consuming poison in his house owing to personal problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 288
Fine amounts collected: 16,700/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824 2220500.