The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 04/12/2009.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. In between 2115 hrs of 02/12/2009 and 0915 hrs of 03/12/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into the “ Z “ Electronics shop belonging to one P.M Hassainar (27) R/o Panemangalore village Bantwal Taluk by shutter lock and committed a theft of 08 mobile phones and 35 watches all in worth Rs. 23,800/.
Ordinary Theft: 01
- A case of Ordinary theft, Hurt, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with criminal intimidation has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 03/12/2009 at 1400 hrs accused one Shekar Shetty (63) R/o Badaga Mijaru village Mangalore Taluk committed theft of 4,000 areca nuts belonging to one B. Seetharama (86) R/o Badaga Mijaru village Mangalore Taluk and abused him in filthy language and assaulted him by hand and also gave life threat to him owing to civil dispute.
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 02/12/2009 at 1945 hrs on NH 17 at 2nd Kolya Someshwara village Mangalore Taluk one Harish R/o Subhash Nagar Munnur village Mangalore Taluk rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-U-7526 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Prajwal Kumar (20) R/o K.C Road Mangalore Taluk a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 01/12/2009 at 1330 hrs near Thumbe Bantwal Taluk one driver of Indica car bearing Reg. No. KA-03-C-495 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against Hyundai Tuxan car bearing Reg. No. KL-14-E-7855. As a result both the vehicle got damaged. No causalities reported.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Rioting, Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 03/12/2009 at 1945 hrs accused Chowder, Ummer, Naseer, Naufal, Ashraf, Ibbu and Zainabi all residents of Mithabagilu village Belthangady Taluk forming into unlawful assembly at Perdadi Mithabagilu village Belthangady Taluk and abused one Abdul Hakeem (24) R/o Perdadi Mithabagilu village Belthangady Taluk in filthy language and assaulted him with wooden stick and also gave life threat to him owing to civil dispute.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Barke Police Station. On 03/12/2009 one Balaraj (38) R/o Boloor Mangalore attempt to commit suicide by consuming poison at Urwa Market Mangalore owing to personal problem and he was admitted to Wenlock hospital at Mangalore where he was declared dead while under treatment. The death seems to be due to consumption of poison.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 30/11/2009 at 1630 hrs one Kaulath (16) R/o Patrakodi Kedila village Bantwal Taluk sustained serious burn injuries while she was trying to light stove in her house and there after she succumbed her injuries on 03/12/2009 hrs.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 212
Fine amounts collected: 27,500/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.