The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 08/12/2009.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Cruelty by Husband has been registered in Kadaba Police Station on the complaint of one Mallika (32) R/o Subramanya R/o Sunkadakatte Ithoor village Puttur Taluk. In the complaint it is alleged that accused Subramanya (husband) gave physical and mental harassment to one Mallika (32) to bring more dowry.
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic West Police Station. On 07/12/2009 at 1605 hrs near Intercity Hotel at Statebank Mangalore one unknown driver of car bearing Reg. No. KA-03-MD-7171 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Nasir (31) R/o Bengre Mangalore a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries. Further the car driver escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic West Police Station. On 07/12/2009 at 1830 hrs near Kuntikana junction at Mangalore one Roopesh (27) R/o Thandolige Mangalore passenger of the bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-6471 while getting down from the bus, the driver of bus moved the bus in a negligent manner due which he fell down from the bus and sustained grievous injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Rioting, Criminal trespass, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. In between 2000 hrs of 05/12/2009 and 1530 hrs of 07/12/2009 accused Vikram, Vinodh and other 5 to 6 persons forming into an unlawful assembly near Sri Kateel Travels Agency at Kunil complex Mangalore and criminally trespassed into the office belonging to one Pushparaj Shetty (30) R/o Someshwara village Mangalore Taluk and abused him and Srikanth in filthy language and assaulted him by hand and with wooden stick and also gave life threat to them owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Criminal restraint along with Hurt has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 06/12/2009 at 2000 hrs accused Kadri Haneef and Kari Ashraf criminally restrained one Nowfal at Bengare Panambur Mangalore and assaulted him with sharp weapon owing to previous enmity between them.
- A case under House trespass, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 06/12/2009 at 1600 hrs accused Mohammed Sharif, Moosa, Rafeek and Ummar Saheb criminally trespassed into the house belonging to one Abdhul Hameed (32) R/o Karnoor Mudnoor village Puttur Taluk and abused him in filthy language and assaulted him with wooden stick and with stone and also gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: 02
- A case under Wild Life Protection Act 1972 has been registered in Urwa Police Station. On 07/12/2009 at 1330 hrs PSI Urwa PS and his staff on credible information apprehended Nisar Imamsab (25) and Veeresh Hiremata (27) near Prashanth Wine shop at KSRTC bus stand Mangalore and seized a Leopard skin, Hides of Deer and three Deer Horns all in worth Rs. 5,00,000/ which they are carrying illegally.
- A case under Karnataka Excise Act has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 07/12/2009 at 1315 hrs on credible information PSI Ullal PS along with staff intercepted a bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-2057 near bus stand at Thokkuttu Permannur village Mangalore Taluk and seized 100 bottles of liquor which was being transported illegally by arresting passenger of the said bus one Hari @ Haridhara (27) R/o Kerala State.
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Kadaba Police Station. In between 1700 hrs of 06/12/2009 and 0600 hrs of 07/12/2009 one Chandran (48) committed suicide by hanging at Nettana Bilinele village Puttur Taluk owing to health problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 07/12/2009 at 1600 hrs one Sri Shaila (22) R/o Balegadde Kemminje village Puttur Taluk committed suicide by hanging in her house owing to personal problem.
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Woman missing has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 07/12/2009 at 0900 hrs one Poornima (26) R/o Pedamale Amyady village Bantwal Taluk went to Bantwal Town for medical treatment and did not return her house there after. She has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 190
Fine amounts collected: 23,200/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.