Name of the place: Cyber Track shop, Impal building, near Kankanady Market, Kankanady, Mangalore
Persons arrested :
1. Ajith 24 yrs R/o Pallipuram, Kalanadu post, Kasargod (Owner of the cyber cafe)
2. Oswald Soans 40 yrs R/o Near Padavu high school, Mangalore (Viewer)
3. Sham Ahammed 22 yrs R/o J.F.K. Hostel, Kankanady, Mangalore (Viewer)
4. Ajamal Mohammed Ali 19 yrs R/o Kurumotil, Thottipara post, Vadagara, Calicut, Kerala (Viewer)
Items seized :
1. Computer Monitor - 06
2. CPU - 06
3. Key Board - 06
4. Mouse - 06
5. Hub – 01
6. Black Colour Fiber Chair - 05
7. Cash Rs. 435/-
Raid conducted by: Mr.S.M.Mantoor DySP Mlore City Subdivision, Mr.Basheer Ahmed PI East PS and staff.
Here, the police found that the owner of the Cyber joint had saved several pornographic video clipping in the server computer of he center and was making them accessible to customers through the local area Network.
In this connection, a case has been taken up in Mangalore East PS Cr No 25/2006 U/s 292 (2) IPC and sec 67 of the Information Tachnology Act 2000. All the accused have been produced before the jurisdictional court and have been remanded for judicial custody.