On 23/01/2006 at about 4-15 pm on credible information Sri.Vinay.A Gaonkar, PI North P.S and staff arrested three persons near Venktramana Temple, Carstreet, Mangalore and seized one tiger pelt including eight nails. On the information furnished by them two more accused persons pertaining to this case have also been arrested.
Their names being;
- S. Hameed(45), S/o Mohammed , R/o Mission compound, Yemmekere, Mangalore
- Kishore(48), s/o Late Ishwara, R/o Mookambika Nilaya, Near Ullala Railway station, Someshwara, Mangalore.
- Radhakrishna(28), S/o Ramanna Poojari, R/o Narimogaru Puttur
- Upendra Baliga(45), S/o Laxmana Baliga, R/o Main Road, Bantwala, Mangalore.
- B. Amarnath Baliga(35), S/o Laxmana Baliga, R/o Main Road, Bantwala, Mangalore.
Names of Officers and staff who participated in the opeartion are ;
- Vinay A Gaonkar, Police Inspector
- P. Narayana, ASI
- Ananth Murdeshwar ASI