- A case of Robbery has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 23/11/2007 at 1300 hrs one Umavathi (27) R/o Kayarpadavu Paduvannur village Puttur Taluk hired a jeep from Ishwaramangala to Nellithadka. The Jeep driver deviated his Jeep towards Pernaje. Near Noojibathila Nettanige Mundoor village Puttur Taluk he stopped his jeep and robbed her gold ornaments (64 gms) and cash Rs. 800/. After the incident he escaped on the same jeep. The total value of property taken away is estimated to be Rs. 52,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Barke Police Station. On 24/11/2007 at 1600 hrs at Gandhinagara Mangalore one driver of jeep bearing Reg. No. KA-20-M-3132 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against an auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-2349. As a result auto rickshaw driver Suresh Kumar (49) R/o Kodakkal Shivanagar Mangalore and Sujatha who was traveling in the said auto rickshaw sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 24/11/2007 at 1130 hrs at Kana Idya village Mangalore one driver of car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-N-9210 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Marcin Menezes (62) R/o Mendaguri Kulai village Mangalore a pedestrian and caused her simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered Vittal Police Station. On 24/11/2007 at 1330 hrs on NH 48 at Mani Bantwal Taluk one driver of Tipper bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-6728 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Shaveena (21) R/o Kalmakar village Sullia Taluk a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Rioting, Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 06/10/2007 at 1730 hrs accused Khalil, Ibrahim, Gujuri Aziz, Salim, Pant Abbas, Samshuddin, Sharif and Shaukath came in car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-N-8842 and a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-V-8457 and forming into an unlawful assembly with deadly and criminally restrained one Mohammad Asif (31) R/o Mukacheri Ullal village Mangalore Taluk near his house and abused him in filthy language and assaulted him with wooden stick and they also gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Hurt has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 24/11/2007 at 1740 hrs at Yatheemkhana Ansari road Mangalore accused two unknown persons assaulted one Lakshmana Shetty (40) R/o Alake Mangalore with wooden stick owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Intentional insult with intent provoke breach of the peace along with Hurt has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 24/11/2007 at 1930 hrs accused Monappa, Ananda and Vishwanatha abused one Sathisha (24) R/o Keremoole Chicckamudnur village Puttur Taluk in filthy language near his house and assaulted him with wooden stick owing to trivial issue .
- A case under Mischief causing damage has been registered in Ullal Police Station on the complaint of one Mariyappa L. (57) Chief Officer, Ullal Town Panchayath. In the complaint it is alleged that on 22/11/2007 at 1400 hrs accused Ummar Faroque, Sidiyabba U.M, Ashraf B. and Jalaluddin destroyed pipeline at Chembugudde Permannur village Mangalore Taluk belonging to Ullal Town Panchayath. The damage is caused about Rs. 1,00,000/.
- A case of Affray has been registered in Mangalore Rural Police Station. On 24/11/2007 at 2345 hrs accused Suranjith Sorake (31) R/o Shivabagh Mangalore and Nagaraj (39) R/o Jappinamogru Mangalore picked up quarrel and started fighting over trivial issue in a public place at Jappinamogru Mangalore. The Police arrested the accused and took up a case under affray (sec 160) IPC.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 23/11/2007 in between 1600 hrs and 2200 hrs one Mohan (40) R/o Dhodderi Ajjavara village Sullia Taluk accidently slipped into the Payaswini river while walking near his house and died due to drowning.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 24/11/2007 at 1330 hrs near Dharmasthala Temple Belthangady Taluk one unknown male person aged about 45-50 hrs fell down due to some illness. Further he was admitted to the Govt hospital at Belthangady where he was declared dead while under treatment on the same day.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 426
Fine amounts collected: Rs. 23,300/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500