- A case of Burglary has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On the intervening night of 18-19/10/2006 some unknown culprits gained entry into the house belonging to one Janardhana (52) R/o Peribailu Someshwara village Mangalore Taluk by breaking the door lock and committed theft of gold ornaments worth Rs. 20,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case of MV theft has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 11/10/2006 in between 1230 hrs and 1730 hrs some unknown culprits committed theft of a Maruthi car belonging to one Ronald Fernandez (31) R/o Bishop compound Old Kent Road Mangalore Taluk which was parked in the premise of Collaco Hospital Mangalore Taluk. The car is worth Rs. 45,000/.
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 05
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 04/10/2006 at 1730 hrs Near Bus Stand at Baikampady Mangalore Taluk one Vincent K.G. driver of Lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-20-5040 moved his vehicle suddenly in a negligent manner due which one Swadhi Kumar @ Unni (18) R/o Jadkal village Kundapur Taluk cleaner of the said Lorry sustained simple injuries. The Lorry driver escaped form the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mulki Police Station. On 17/10/2006 at 2300 hrs on NH-17 at Kolnadu Karnadu village Mangalore Taluk one driver of Car bearing Reg. No. KL-11-T-8445 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against Tempo bearing Reg. No. KA-20-9864. As a result both vehicles got damaged. No casualties reported.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 18/10/2006 at 2300 hrs at Halegate Sullia village and Taluk one Pavan driver of Indica car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-MA-0993 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against an auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-21-4775. As a result driver of auto rickshaw and Vishwanatha Shetty (42) R/o Nagapatna house Aletti village Sullia Taluk who was travelling in the said auto rickshaw sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 19/10/2006 at 0900 hrs at Paicharu Sullia village and Taluk one Ravindran driver of Maruti omni bearing Reg. No. KA-12-H-9797 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-H-6809. As result motor cycle rider Ravi Prakash (29) R/o Vinobha Nagara Adkaru Jalsoor village Sullia Taluk and pillion rider Sathish sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 18/10/2006 at 1900 hrs near Ramakrishna Ashrama Mangaladevi temple Mangalore city rider of scooter bearing Reg. No. KA-19-b-5913 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Naveen Kumar (35) R/o Yemmekere Bolar Mangalore a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case of Hurt has been registered in Surathkal Rural Police Station. On 19/10/2006 at 2000 hrs accused Dikshith criminally restrained one Anil Kumar (20) R/o Veeramma Nilaya Kulai village Mangalore Talukat at Kulai Mangalore Taluk and abused him in filthy language and assaulted him with cold drink bottle owing to previous enmity.
- A case under Criminal restraint and Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Venoor Police Station. On 19/10/2006 at 1400 hrs accused Putta @ Chandrashekara, Bhaskara Shetty and Rathnakara Hegde criminally restrained and abused one Lalitha (34) R/o Savya village Belthangady Taluk and her husband Ramananda at Konkanaguri Savya village Belthangady Taluk in filthy language and assaulted her with wooden stick and also gave life threat to her and her husband owing to civil dispute.
- A case under Criminal intimidation has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On the evening of 18/10/2006 at Sri Durga Complex Thokkottu Mangalore Taluk accused Vishwanatha K. Gatti R/o Thokkottu Mangalore Taluk abused one Jaganatha Saliyan (51) R/o Thokkottu Mangalore in filthy language and gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under Negligent conduct with respect of explosive materials along with Explosive Act has been registered in Kadaba Police Station. On 09/10/2006 at 1030 hrs CPI Puttur Rural along with staff on credible information conducted a raid on General shop at Punnatharu Kaniyoor village Puttur Taluk and seized unauthorized crackers worth Rs. 750/ which were kept illegally for sale. One Divakara (22) R/o Nidvaje house Kaniyur village Puttur Taluk was apprehended in this connection.
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. One Babu Ranya (50) R/o Bharanya house Panaje village Puttur Taluk committed suicide by hanging near his house on 18/10/2006 at 2100 hrs owing to personal problems.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: Not available
Fine amount collected: Not available
For details contact district Control Room on 0824 2220500