- A case under Attempt to Burglary has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 23/10/2006 at 1930 hrs unknown culprits gained entry into the Kitchen room of Markazul Higher Primary School Kotekaru village Mangalore Taluk by breaking the door lock and attempted to committed theft.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Cruelty by Husband along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Mulky Police Station on the complaint of Chandrakala (30) w/o Tharanatha. It is alleged that accused Tharanatha (husband) and his relatives Lakshmi and Ramappa gave physical and mental harassment to Chandrakala to bring more dowry and also gave life threat to her.
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Urwa Police Station. On 23/10/2006 at 1730 hrs near Bejai Kapikad Mangalore one unknown rider of Pulsar motorcycle drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Rafeena D/o Hameed R/o Bejai Kapikad Mangalore Taluk a pedestrian and caused her simple injuries. The rider of motorcycle escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Kavoor Police Station. On 22/10/2006 at 1230 hrs at Padavinangady Derebail village Mangalore Taluk one unknown rider of Scooter drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-J-9685. As a result motorcycle rider one Sharanappa (40) R/o Kunjathbail village Mangalore Taluk sustained grievous injuries. The Scooter rider escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Criminal trespass and Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 22/10/2006 at 2230 hrs accused Sanjeeva Shetty criminally trespassed into the house of one Vasantha (36) R/o Beluvai village Mangalore Taluk and abused him in filthy language and assaulted him with wooden stick and gave life threat to his life owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Hurt and Criminal intimidation along with Mischief of causing damage has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 23/10/2006 at 1430 hrs at Bhramarakutlu Kallige village Bantwal Taluk accused Murali and Madhu assaulted Kamalaksha by hand. They also assaulted Jerold D’Souza who came to help Kamalaksha by hand and damaged his STD shop by pelting stones. They also gave life threat to them. The motive seems to be that Kamalaksha refused to take accused in his auto rickshaw for hire.
- A case under Hurt has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 23/10/2006 at 1600 hrs accused Sadananda Poojary abused one Mini (32) w/o Shibi R/o Thumbethaje Shibaje village Belathangady Taluk and assaulted her with knife near her house owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 03
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Kavoor Police Station. One Joseph Waz (50) R/o Konchady Derebail village Mangalore Taluk committed suicide by jumping into the well near his house on 24/10/2006 at 1330 hrs owing to health problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. One Venkappa Moolya (65) R/o Karimajalu house Kedila village Bantwal Taluk fell down near his house on 24/10/2006 at 1300 hrs. He was admitted to Puttur Govt. Hospital where he was declared dead on the same day while undergoing treatment . The death seems to be due to excessive drinking.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Venoor Police Station. On 24/10/2006 at 1230 hrs one Rajesh (22) R/o Sulkeri mogaru village Belathangady Taluk accidentally slipped into the pond at Chipulagundi near his house and died of drowning.
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Man missing has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 24/10/2006 at 1730 hrs at Panambur Sea shore Mangalore Taluk one Premanatha Poojary R/o Bodanthila Post Mangalore Taluk accidentally slipped and washed away in the sea while he was playing at seashore Panambur and found missing.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: Not available
Fine amount collected: Not available
For details contact district Control Room on 0824 2220500