- A case under Murder has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. In between 06/01/2009 at 2130 hrs and 07/01/2009 at 0830 hrs accused one Sheena killed one Kamala R/o Thingaladi Kedambadi village Puttur Taluk by assaulting with a sharp weapon near her house owing to trivial issue.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Belthangdy Police Station. On the intervening night of 06-07/01/2008 some unknown culprits gained entry into DKZPHP School at Odilnala village Belthangady Taluk by breaking the door lock and committed theft of Gas cylinder belonging to Akshara Dasoha Yojane. The worth of stolen property is Rs. 650/.
Ordinary Theft: 01
- A case of Ordinary Theft has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 06/01/2009 in between 0715 hrs and 0800 hrs some unknown culprits committed theft of Silver ornaments from Bramhashree Shree Narayanaguru Swamy temple at Bappalige village Puttur Taluk. The stolen property is worth Rs. 10,000/.
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 02
- A case under Cruelty by husband and his relatives, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Kadaba Police Station on the complaint of one Chethana Kumari (23) W/o Mohan Gowda R/o Pilamkuje Murulya village Sullia Taluk. In the complaint it is alleged that accused Mohan Gowda (husband) and his relatives Sumavathi, Venkatramana Gowda and Narayana Gowda R/o Deraje Balya village Puttur Taluk abused Chethana Kumari in filthy language and gave physical and mental harassment to Chethana Kumari to bring more dowry and on 19/11/2008 at 1000 hrs accused Mohan Gowda gave life threat to her.
- A case under Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Hurt has been registered in Venoor Police Station. On 07/01/2009 at 1400 hrs accused Fedrick Serao criminally restrained one Yashodha R/o Madadda Kodambettu village Bantwal Taluk and abused her in filthy language near her house and assaulted her by hand owing to civil dispute between them.
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station where in one Ravi G (41) R/o Kodialbail Mangalore was declared dead while under treatment on 07/01/2009 at 0200 hrs. The said Ravi G was seriously injuries by a auto rickshaw in a road traffic accident on 06/01/2009 at 1600 hrs at Mallikatte Mangalore and admitted to SCS Hospital at Mangalore. In this connection a case of road traffic accident was already registered in Mangalore East Police Station.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 07/01/2009 at 1730 hrs at Karangalpadi Mangalore one rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-V-7585 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a TVS Luna bearing Reg. No. KA-19-L-7753. As a result one Rajesh (22) R/o Vamanjoor Mangalore rider of TVS Luna sustained simple injuries. The rider of motorcycle escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 07/01/2009 at 1500 hrs at Kallega Kabaka village Puttur Taluk one Zahid Khathil driver of Maruti car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-M-1861 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Ranganatha R/o Boluvaru Puttur Town a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: 01
- A case under Attempt to murder has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 07/01/2009 at 2035 hrs near Kodialbail at Mangalore accused one unknown person attempted to kill one Dinesh Hegde Uleipadi R/o Inland Alite Apartments Navabharath circle Mangalore by assaulting him with sickle. The motive seems to be personal dispute.
- A case under Rioting, Criminal restraint along with Hurt has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 07/01/2007 at 0915 hrs accused unknown 7 to 8 persons forming into an unlawful assembly and criminally restrained one Dheeraj (19) R/o Manjeshwara Kasaragod District Kerala State near Bus stand at Ladygoshan Mangalore and assaulted him by hand owing to personal enmity.
- A case under Seizure of Stolen property has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 07/01/2009 at 1015 hrs PSI Belthangady PS on his routine patrolling along with staff intercepted a Tata Sumo vehicle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-Z-3654 at Halekote Belthangady Town and seized two copper idols by arresting Ananda (24) R/o Ninnikallu Ujire village Belthangady Taluk, Naveena (32) R/o Bikarnakatte Mangalore and Joseph (52) R/o Kankanady Mangalore. It is learnt that the vehicle and copper idols have been stolen somewhere else. The total value of property seized is Rs. 7,00,000/.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: Nil
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Girl missing has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. One Poornima (17) R/o Bappalige Puttur Town left her house on 04/01/2009 at 1230 hrs and did not return her house there after. She has been missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 357
Fine amounts collected: 31,600/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.