- A case of Burglary has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 19/01/2009 at in between 1330 hrs and 1630 hrs some unknown culprits gained entry into the rented house belonging to one Jen John (26) R/o Redport building Sullia Town by breaking door lock and committed theft of a laptop and other electronic items all in worth Rs. 24,500/.
Ordinary Theft: 01
- A case of Ordinary Theft has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. In between 20/01/2009 at 1000 hrs and 21/01/2009 at 1000 hrs some unknown culprits committed theft of a Power Battery belonging to Airtel Company at Darbe Puttur Town. The worth of stolen property is yet to estimated.
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Non Fatal accident has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 21/01/2009 at 2345 hrs near Roshani Nilaya at Valencia Mangalore one unknown Echier lorry driver drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against an Omni van bearing Reg. No. KA-18-M-1657 due which Omni van capsized. As a result Omni van driver Jafar Swadiq J.K. (20) R/o Jodumarga Bantwal Town, Muzamil, Imran, Shakeer and Shafee who were traveling in the said Omni van sustained simple injuries. The Echier lorry driver escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 17/12/2008 at 1510 hrs near Kankanady junction at Mangalore one driver of Swift car bearing Reg. No. KA-52-M-123 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a KSRTC bus bearing Reg. No. KL-15-7195 driven by Wilson Mathew. As a result both vehicle got damaged. No casualty reported.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore Rural Police Station. On 21/01/2009 at 1600 hrs on NH 13 at Parari bridge Mangalore Taluk one Philip Bardai driver of car bearing Reg. No. KA-18-7525 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against an auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-1144. As a result Akhil Ahamad (38) R/o Kudroli Mangalore and Mahammad Isaq who were traveling in the said auto rickshaw sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Urwa Police Station. On 21/01/2009 at 1400 hrs accused Amith, Hemanth, Naveen and Harish Criminally restrained Nishanth B. Shetty (20) R/o Nekkarepadavu Neerumarga Mangalore and his friend Sunil near Svikar Bar & Restaurant at Urwastore Mangalore and abused them in filthy language and assaulted them with sickle and with soda bottle and also gave life threat to them owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under the Prevention of Immoral Traffic Act has been registered in Woman Police Station. On 21/01/2009 at 1030 hrs WPI Women PS on rounds arrested one Sangeetha @ Geetha (38) W/o Santhosha R/o Kasaragod District Kerala State who was soliciting for prostitution at public place near KSRTC bus stand at Mangalore.
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. In between 19/01/2009 one Kamala (48) R/o Pelthadi Mogru village Belthangady Taluk committed suicide by consuming poison near her house owing to personal problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. 21/01/2009 at in between 1400 hrs and 1530 hrs one Geetha (19) R/o Piligoodu Barya village Belthangady Taluk sustained serious burn injuries while trying to light a Kerosene lamp in her house. She got serious burn injuries and died on the spot.
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Girl missing has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. One Sushma N (19) D/o Nageshwara Reddy R/o Bangalore Mangalore left from the Fathima Retreat House Valencia Mangalore on 12/01/2009 at 1000 hrs and did not return to the hostel there after. She has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 292
Fine amounts collected: 29, 400/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.