- A case under Rioting, Criminal restraint, Hurt along with Murder has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 10/01/2009 at 1315 hrs accused Kitta @ Girisha, Keshava, Manu, Thilakraj and other two unknown persons forming into unlawful assembly in front of Deepak Bar & Restaurant at 4th Block Krishnapura Katipalla village Mangalore Taluk and criminally restrained Rahamatthulla (26) R/o 2nd Block Katipalla village Mangalore Taluk and Thanzeem and assaulted them with sword due which one Thanzeem sustained serious injuries and died on the spot.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 09/01/2009 at 1715 hrs near Tharethota at Mangalore one Sajee P.J driver of lorry bearing Reg. No. KL-13-Q-1877 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and lost control over his vehicle due which the vehicle capsized. As a result Shashi T.K. (45) R/o Somavara Pete Kodagu District cleaner of said lorry sustained grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 09/01/2009 at 1400 hrs near Vittal Church at Vittal Town Bantwal Taluk one rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-H-3496 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against an auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-3251 due which auto rickshaw capsized. As a result motorcycle rider sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 09/01/2007 at 1730 hrs near Kadabettu cross at Kadabettu village Bantwal Taluk one Raghuchandra rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-Y-432 drove his vehicle in rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Ismail (40) R/o Mavinakatte Kadabettu village Bantwal Taluk a pedestrian and caused him grievous injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: 01
- A case under Rioting along with Attempt to Murder has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 10/01/2009 at 2015 hrs accused unknown 6 persons forming into unlawful assembly near NITK Surathkal Mangalore and assaulted one Vinodh R/o Uttara Kannada District with sword and attempted to kill him owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Hurt has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 10/01/2009 at 1730 hrs near Surathkal Market at Idya village Mangalore Taluk accused unknown persons assaulted one Fayaz R/o Kulai village Mangalore Taluk with sod bottle owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 08/01/2009 at 1400 hrs one Laxmi (22) R/o Thokur Mangalore sustained serious burn injuries while trying to light a Kerosene stove at her house and she was admitted to Wenlock hospital at Mangalore where she succumbed to her injuries while under treatment on 09/01/2009 at 2130 hrs.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 267
Fine amounts collected: 26,500/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.