The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 29/01/2009.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 02
- A case of MV Theft has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 27/01/2009 in between 1600 hrs and 2100 hrs some unknown culprits committed theft of a Honda Activa Scooter bearing Reg. No. KA-21-J-9028 belonging to one Chethan Kumar (24) R/o Koornadka Kemminje village Puttur Taluk that was parked in front of Music World Shop at Darbe Puttur Town. The Honda Activa Scooter is worth Rs. 35, 000/.
- A case of MV Theft has been registered in Kavoor Police Station. On 03/01/2009 in between 2100 hrs and 2315 hrs some unknown culprits committed theft of a Hero Honda Passion motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-05-EJ-7715 belonging to one Aravinda K. that was parked near Sri Ayyappa Gudi at Koolur Mangalore. The Hero Honda Passion motorcycle is worth Rs. 17,000/.
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 28/01/2009 at 1600 hrs near Prestige Hotel at Balmatta Mangalore one Roshan driver of car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-P-1404 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against another car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-M-6533. As a result one Deepak Shetty R/o Kadri Mangalore driver of car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-M-6533 sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 28/01/2009 at 1800 hrs on Police lane cross road at Pandeshwara Mangalore one driver of rickshaw tempo bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-8218 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Aneetha (08) a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 27/01/2009 at 1400 hrs on NH-17 at Sankolige Someshwara village Mangalore Taluk one Rafeeq driver of Auto tempo bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-8720 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-V-329. As a result motorcycle rider Mohammed Irfan R/o Ajjinadka Kotekaru village Mangalore Taluk and Irshad pillion rider of said motorcycle sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under House trespass, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. On 25/01/2009 at 2300 hrs accused one Lokesha, Raviraja Shetty, Premaraja, and Tharanatha Shetty criminally trespassed into the house belonging to Vishwanatha Shetty (60) R/o Bhandara Nadugodu village Mangalore Taluk and assaulted him by hand and also gave life threat to him owing civil dispute.
- A case under Criminal restraint along with Hurt has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 22/01/2009 at 1010 hrs accused one Suresh Kulal criminally restrained one Lokesha (23) R/o Krishnapura Karingana village Bantwal Taluk at Arabigudde Bantwal Town and assaulted him by hand owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Mangalore Rural Police Station. On 27/01/2009 one Akshatha (22) R/o Merihill Gurunagara Mangalore attempted to commit suicide by consuming poison in her house owing to personal problem. Further Akshatha was admitted to AJ Hospital at Mangalore where she declared dead while under treatment on 28/01/2009 at 1010 hrs.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 28/01/2009 at 1315 hrs one Nowshad (23) sustained serious electric shock while operating electric pump near Natekal Wood & Furniture Industrial at Kotekar village Mangalore Taluk. Further he was admitted to K.S. Hospital at Deralakatte Mangalore where he declared dead while under treatment on same day.
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Girl missing has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. One Sharada (34) D/o Thimmakka R/o Peramogaru Kedila village Bantwal Taluk left her house on 23/01/2009 at 0930 hrs and did not return to her house after. She has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 436
Fine amounts collected: 43, 200/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.