The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 23/01/2009.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Venoor Police Station. In between 21/01/2009 at 2200 hrs and 22/01/2009 at 1100 hrs accused one Sanjeeva gained entry into the shop belonging to one Yashodhara Poojary (35) R/o Nittade village Belthangady Taluk by breaking the door lock in front of Palguni Wines at Venoor village Belthangady Taluk and committed theft of cash Rs. 6,00/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case of MV Theft has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 18/01/2009 in between 1910 hrs and 1945 hrs some unknown culprits committed theft of a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-S-5404 belonging to one Shanthosh Shettigar (22) R/o Yedapadavu village Mangalore Taluk that was parked near Kadri Park at Mangalore. The motorcycle is worth Rs. 16,000/.
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 04
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 22/01/2009 at 1315 hrs near Rao & Rao circle at Mangalore one Raju Kumar Shetty R/o Barke Mannagudde Mangalore passenger of the bus bearing Reg. No. KA-34-A-9954 while getting down from the bus, the driver of bus moved the bus in a negligent manner due which he fell down from the bus and sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 21/01/2009 at 1600 hrs in front of Islahi School at Masthikatte Ullal Mangalore one Hasanabba driver of auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-8705 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Baby Sunainaz (08) a pedestrian and caused her grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 15/01/2009 at 1730 hrs on Deralakatte-Thokkuttu road at Pandith House Permannur village Mangalore Taluk one Valeriyan D’Souza rider of Honda Activa scooter bearing Reg. No. KA-19-W-8331 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Fevisa Monthero (10) a pedestrian and caused her grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 22/01/2009 at 0815 hrs at Gundikumeru Kariyangala village Bantwal Taluk one Nagesh driver of Swaraj Mazda Tempo bearing Reg. No. KA-19-M-826 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and lost control over his vehicle due which tempo capsized. As a result 5 to 6 childrens who were traveling in the said tempo sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Mangalore Rural Police Station. 22/01/2009 at 1300 hrs Sheeba (03), Noorisha (06) and Fowzia (17) who were playing at Borugudde Kannur village Mangalore Taluk and sustained serious burn injuries while trying to light a Kerosene can. They got serious burn injuries and died on the spot.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. In between 20/01/2009 and 22/01/2009 at 0830 hrs one Baby (47) R/o Jatthanakere Pilimogaru village Bantwal Taluk committed suicide by jumping into the well near her house owing to health problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 198
Fine amounts collected: 17, 500/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.