Ordinary Theft: 01
- A case of Ordinary Theft has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 08/01/2009 in between 2345 hrs and 0700 hrs some unknown culprits committed theft of 02 tyres from the Indica car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-C-2614 belonging to one Mohan (41) R/o Someshwara Mangalore that was parked near Cell cab office Balmatta Mangalore. The stolen property is worth Rs. 6,000/.
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 02
- A case under Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 08/01/2009 at 1700 hrs accused Rahak and Asraf criminally restrained one Rajamma @ Radha (57) R/o Branapade Vittal Town Bantwal Taluk and abused him in filthy language and assaulted her by hand and gave life threat to him owing to civil dispute.
- A case under Outraging modesty of woman along with Hurt has been registered in Kadaba Police Station. On 08/01/2009 at 0900 hrs one Kaveri R/o Kubuladi Nujibalthila village Puttur Taluk on her way to home by walk at Kuntinadka Kutrupadi village Puttur Taluk. At that time Vikram, Sowmya, Leela and Sathya came to her and Vikram tried to outraged modesty of by pulling her hand. They also assaulted Kaveri by hand.
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 05/01/2009 at 1000 hrs at Aliyooru Valpadi village Mangalore Taluk one Mohammad Sharif driver of auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-8982 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and lost control over his vehicle due which the vehicle capsized. As a result Pakruddin and Ayisha who were traveling in the said auto rickshaw sustained grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 09/01/2009 at 0900 hrs at Harakere Ilanthila village Belthangady Taluk one Ashwath driver of Jeep bearing Reg. No. KA-05-MG-9238 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and lost control over his vehicle due which the vehicle capsized. As a result Ashwath driver of said jeep, Gangayya Kumbara (52) R/o Hudikaru Navooru village Belthangady Taluk, Dhanush, Babu, Savithri, Manorama and Babu who were traveling in the said jeep sustained grievous injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 03
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On the intervening night of 08-09/01/2009 one Ravindra (20) R/o AJ hospital boys hostel room no 303 at Kuntikana Mangalore committed suicide by hanging in his room owing to personal problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. In between 08/01/2009 at 1700 hrs and 01/01/2009 one Thaniya Mugera (45) R/o Harijana colony Mottetadka village Puttur Taluk committed suicide by jumping into a pond near Mukrampady village Puttur Taluk owing to personal problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 09/01/2009 at 0930 hrs one Narayana Poojary (65) R/o Pillaje Koyla village Bantwal Taluk attempted to committe suicide by consuming some poison in his house owing to health problem. Further he was admitted to Fr. Mullers hospital at Mangalore where he was declared dead while under treatment on the same day.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 370
Fine amounts collected: 42,700/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.