The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 11/12/2008.
Ordinary Theft: 01
- A case under Servant theft has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 10/12/2008 at 0830 hrs one Sudhakara Poojary who was working as a housemaid in the house of one Ligoria D Souza (67) R/o Kuriyala village Bantwal Taluk committed theft of gold ornaments from the same house. The stolen property is worth Rs. 11,000/.
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case of MV Theft has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 09/12/2008 at 1930 hrs and 2230 hrs some unknown culprits committed theft of a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-E-3223 belonging to one Nagesha (28) R/o Aryapyu village Puttur Taluk that was parked near Mayura Theatre at Puttur Town. The motorcycle is worth Rs. 15,000/.
Crime against Women: 02
- A case under Cruelty by Husband and relatives has been Wrongful confinement registered in Bajpe Police Station on the complaint of one Jeenath (22) R/o Nadugudde Adoor village Mangalore. In the complaint it is alleged that accused Habeebulla (husband) and his relatives Mohammed B, Jameela, Ubaidulla, Jubair and Musthafa gave physical and mental harassment to one Jeenath to bring more dowry and on 06/12/2008 they wrongfully confined her.
- A case under Criminal trespass, Outraging modesty of woman along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Konaje Police Station. On 10/12/2008 at 1130 hrs accused one Navaz criminally trespassed into the premises of house belonging to one Saritha (21) R/o Naladagutthu Pavoor village Mangalore Taluk and outraged her modesty by pulling her hand. He also gave life threat to her.
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 10/12/2008 at 1115 hrs near Ladygoshan hospital at Mangalore one unknown motorcycle rider drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Leela R/o Mogaraveerapatna Ullal Mangalore a pedestrian and caused her simple injuries. The rider of unknown motorcycle escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 09/12/2008 at 0930 hrs at Mallipady Punacha village Bantwal Taluk one Mohan driver of bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-C-8284 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-S-6386 driven by Mohammed Siraj (23) R/o Naithady Kuriya village Puttur Taluk. As a result pillion rider of said motorcycle sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 10/12/2008 at 1530 hrs at Kammayi Chikkamudnoor village Puttur Taluk one Thimmappa Gowda driver of jeep bearing Reg. No. KA-19-N-144 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-K-2967. As a result motorcycle rider Satheesha and Yaseen Arafath (20) R/o Padil Mangalore pillion rider of said motorcycle sustained grievous injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Hurt, Criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty, SC/ST Prevention of Atrocities Act along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Mangalore South Station. On 09/12/2008 at 1830 hrs at accused Dinesh, Nagesh Hegde and Chandrashekara Suvarna abused one Mahesh in filthy language referring to his caste at Head Post office Pandeshwara Mangalore and assaulted him by hand while he was on duty and also gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
- A case of Affray has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 10/12/2008 at 1630 hrs accused Mohammed Rafeeq (32) R/o Manjalapadppu Puttur Town and Razaq D.K (31) R/o Chikkamadnur village Puttur Taluk picked up quarrel and started fighting over trivial issue in a public place at Boluvaru Puttur Town. The Police arrested the accused and took up a case under affray (sec 160) IPC.
Spl. And local laws: 02
- A case under Karnataka Excise Act has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 10/12/2008 at 0830 hrs on credible information DySP Excise and Lottery Detention Squade Western Range Mangalore along with staff conducted a raid on an open place at Ranipura Kudru Munoor village Mangalore Taluk seized (10 ltrs) of illicit liquor worth Rs.17, 000/. However accused one Hilary D Souza (46) R/o Munoor village Mangalore managed to escape from the scene. The case handed over to Ullal Police for conducting further investigation.
- A case under Karnataka Excise Act has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 10/12/2008 at 1515 hrs on credible information ASI Belthangady PS along with staff conducted a raid on open place at Kapinandka Puduvettu village Belthangady Taluk and seized 24 liquor bottles (each 180 ML) of worth Rs. 1050/ and cash Rs. 160/ by arresting Kuriyakos (55) R/o Pudubettu village Belthangady Taluk.
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Kadaba Police Station. On 10/12/2008 in between 1100 hrs and 1215 hrs one Prema (45) R/o Kurunja Itthur village Puttur Taluk accidentally slipped into the pond near her house while working and died due to drowning.
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Women missing has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 10/12/2008 at 0635 hrs one Renita (28) R/o Ullal Uliya Mangalore left her house and did not return to her house there after. She has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 234
Fine amounts collected: 20, 900/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.