The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 27/12/2008.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 04
- A case of Fatal road accident has been registered in Mangalore Rural Police Station where in one Sharanappa has been declared dead while under treatment on 27/12/2008 at 0130 hrs. The said Sharanappa was seriously injured by a car in a road traffic accident on 26/12/2008 at 2145 hrs at Yeyyady Padavu village Mangalore Taluk and admitted to the A.J. Hospital at Mangalore. In this connection a case has been already registered in Mangalore Rural Police Station.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 26/12/2008 at 0530 hrs near Prakash Beedi Building at Kodiabail Mangalore one driver of Bolero vehicle bearing Reg. No. KA-20-P-3303 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against an auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-6929 due which auto rickshaw capsized. As a result one Abdul Raheeman R/o Manjeshwara Kasaragod District Kerala State driver of the said auto rickshw sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mulki Police Station. On 25/12/2008 at 1015 hrs near Venkataramana Temple at Manampady village Mangalore Taluk one Imithiyaz driver of auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-8507 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a compound wall due which auto rickshaw capsized. As a result one Malini V. Pai (51) R/o Padumarnadu village Mangalore Taluk who was traveling in the said auto rickshaw sustained grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 26/12/2008 at 0845 hrs at Ujurupade Balnadu village Puttur Taluk one rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-J-5816 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Annappa Naik (45) R/o Balnadu village Puttur Taluk a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Hurt has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 26/12/2008 at 1400 hrs accused Rafeeque, Basheer and Aboobakkar abused one Suresh (28) R/o Gadikallu Sampaje village Sullia Taluk in filthy language at Gandhinagara Sullia Town and assaulted him by hand owing to trivial issue.
- A case of Affray has been registered in Kavoor Police Station. On 26/12/2008 at 0735 hrs accused Sarojini (49) W/o Bhaskara, Padmini (36) W/o Vamana, Latha (38) W/o Mohana, Pushpa (40) W/o Chandrahasa, Chithra (32) W/o Donald Lasrado, Santhi (22) W/o Rama, Mymuna(39) W/o Abdul Khadar, Rukiya (40) W/o Ibrahim, Prema (45) W/o Sanjeeva, Laxmi (45) W/o Rangappa, Kavya (25) W/o Prashanth, Ramya (19) D/o Rangappa, Prashanthi (35) and Vasantha (28) picked up quarrel and started fighting over trivial issue in a public place near Water Tank at Soojikallu Gudde Kavoor Mangalore. The Police arrested the accused and took up a case under affray (sec 160) IPC.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: Nil
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 156
Fine amounts collected: 22,000/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.