The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 14/12/2008.
- A case of Robbery has been registered in Mulki Police Station relating to an incident of chain snatching. On 13/12/2008 at 1245 hrs at Angaragudde Seemanthoor village Mangalore Taluk one Sarasu (58) R/o Angaragudde Seemanthoor village Mangalore Taluk was on her way to home by walk. At that time two unknown person came in a motorcycle and snatched the gold chain from her neck and ran away with their motorcycle. The value of the property is Rs. 30,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case under MV theft has been registered in Urwa Police Station. On the intervening night of 25-26/11/2008 some unknown culprits committed theft of a Honda Activa Scooter bearing Reg. No. KA-19-W-9952 belonging into one Purushothama (40) R/o Shakthi nagar Mangalore that was parked at the premise of Kudupu Enterprises Bejai Mangalore. The motorcycle is worth Rs. 30,000/.
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 13/12/2008 at 2245 hrs on NH 17 in front of Karnataka Bank Pumpwel Mangalore one unknown rider of motorcycle drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Sathish Naik (28) R/o Adyanadka Vittal Bantwal Taluk a pedestrian and caused him grievous injuries. The motorcycle rider escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 12/12/2008 at 2230 hrs at Nehru nagar Puttur Town one unknown driver of Lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-19-AC-6565 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against another lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-25-P-9733 driven by one Pradeep Kumar R/o Manjeshwara Kasargod Kerala State. Further Pradeep Kumar lost control over his vehicle due which lorry capsized. As a result Pradeep Kumar sustained simple injuries. The driver of Lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-19-AC-6565 escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 07/12/2008 at 2030 hrs near Kallare Sithalakshmi building Puttur Town one Mohammed P.K rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-H-6823 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Narayana Shetty R/o Kemminje village Puttur Taluk a pedestrian and caused him grievous injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Mischief by fire with intent to damage has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On the intervening night of 12/13/12/2008 near Ganesh Stores at Mukyaprana Temple road Mangalore some unknown persons set fire to Bajaj Discover Motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-X-8627 belonging to one Vinod Malya (26) R/o Alake Mangalore. The damage caused is about Rs. 58,000/.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Venoor Police Station. On 12/12/2008 at 1800 hrs one Krishna Poojary (35) R/o Arambody village Belthangady Taluk committed suicide in his house by consuming poison owing to personal problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 12/12/2008 at 1000 hrs one Sundar Poojary R/o Kukkujadka village Sullia Taluk committed suicide near his house by hanging owing to personal problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 347
Fine amounts collected: 26,000/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.