Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case of MV Theft has been registered in Urwa Police Station. On 10/09/2007 in between 0630 hrs and 0635 hrs some unknown culprits committed theft of a TVS XL Super MD Moped scooter bearing Reg. No. KA-19-U-5183 belonging to one Devadas Devanga (58) R/o Kuntikana Mangalore that was parked in the premise of Deepa Arcade at Bejai Mangalore. The Moped scooter is worth Rs. 10,000/.
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 26/09/2007 at 0900 hrs on NH 48 at Bedrodi Bajathoor village Puttur Taluk one driver of lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-06-5602 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against Eicher lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-771 from behind which was parked at roadside. Further Eicher lorry moved ahead and dashed against one Usha Kumari (19) a pedestrian and caused her serious injuries and she succumbed to her injuries while on the way to hospital.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 24/09/2007 at 1900 hrs near Roshani Nilaya at Valencia Mangalore one driver of car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-P-8466 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a bus. Further car driver lost control over his vehicle and dashed against pedestrians Vidya (25) R/o Jalligudde Bajal Mangalore and her friend and caused them simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mulki Police Station. On 24/09/2007 at 2000 hrs on Mulki-Moodabidre road at Thalipady village Mangalore Taluk one Harikumar driver of bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-89 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and applied break suddenly with out giving signal due which the auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No KA-19-A-386 which was behind the bus rammed to it from the back. Further auto rickshaw driver one Bhaskar Bhandary lost control over his vehicle due which auto rickshaw capsized. As a result one Shrinivas Shetty (62) R/o Thalipady village Mangalore Taluk who was traveling in the auto rickshaw sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Criminal restraint, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 25/09/2007 at 0930 hrs accused Pushparaja, Divakara and another one came in a motorcycle and stopped an auto rickshaw near over Bridge at Mahakalipadu Mangalore and abused one Mohammed Rafique R/o Ullal Mangalore driver of said auto rickshaw and assaulted him with iron rod and also gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered Uppinangady Police Station. On 24/09/2007 at 1000 hrs accused Suresh Rai and others abused Doddappa Gowda (59) R/o Khandige Karaya village Belthangady Taluk in filthy language near his house and assaulted him by hand and also gave life treat to him. The motive seems to be civil dispute between accused and Doddappa Gowda.
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under Karnataka Police Act has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. On 25/09/2007 at 1515 hrs near bus stand at Kodamula village Mangalore, PSI Baje on credible information apprehended Ramanatha (40) R/o Permude Thenkaekkaru village Mangalore Taluk and Ibrahim K.P. (37) R/o Kandavara village Mangalore Taluk and seized 2 Kgs of sandal wood worth Rs. 3,000/ from their possession.
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 25/09/2007 at 2200 hrs one Chandravathi (76) R/o Ladigutu Moodabidre Mangalore Taluk committed suicide by hanging in her house owing to health problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 308
Fine amounts collected: 24,900/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.