- A case of Robbery has been registered in Ullal Police Station relating to an incident of chain snatching. On 22/03/2008 at 1930 hrs on Sainidhi road at Sankolige Someshwara village Mangalore Taluk one Sandhya (37) W/o Yashavantha R/o Sainidhi road Sankolige village Mangalore Taluk was on her way to home by walk. At that time two unknown person came in a motorcycle and snatched the gold chain from her neck and ran away with their motorcycle. The value of the property is Rs. 35,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 02
- A case under Cruelty by husband along with Abetment of suicide has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station on the complaint of one Pradeep Acharya (16) R/o Padlottu Beluvai village Mangalore Taluk. In the complaint it is alleged that accused Umesha Acharya (28) R/o Malady Beluvai village Mangalore Taluk gave physical and mental harassment to one Kushala (25) W/o Umesha Acharya R/o Malady Beluvai village Mangalore Taluk to bring more dowry due to which on 22/03/2008 in between 1130 hrs and 1400 hrs she was committed suicide by jumping into the well along with her childrens Sharath (05) and Srikanth near her house.
- A case under Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 21/03/2008 at 1600 hrs accused Niranjan Rai, Rajendra and Surendra assaulted one Shashiprabha (53) W/o Abhinandan R/o Harady Puttur Town by hand near her house and also gave life threat to her. The motive seems to be civil dispute between Shashiprabha and accused persons.
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 22/03/2008 at 1030 hrs at Baikampady Industrial area Mangalore one Basappa driver of Tipper lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-7976 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. GA-02-B-4780. As a result motorcycle rider one Roshan Crasta sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 21/03/2008 at 0800 hrs at Raval Katte Thumbe village Bantwal Taluk one Akbar driver of KSRTC bus bearing Reg. No. KA-01-F-7908 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-S-9995. As a result motorcycle rider one Krishna Moorthy Karantha (28) R/o Marakada Mangalore sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 21/03/2008 at 0730 hrs on NH-48 at Thumbe village Bantwal Taluk one Bhaskara driver of lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-19-AD-9481 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against another lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-16-A-6984. As a result one Abdul Rahiman driver of lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-16-A-6984 sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under section 292 (2) IPC has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 22/03/2008 at 1830 hrs ASI Panambur PS along with staff on credible information conducted a raid near Baikampady Bus stand at Baikampady Mangalore and seized 19 absence DVD by arresting Venkatesha Nayaka K. (29) R/o Kujapady Bantwal Town.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: Nil
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 146
Fine amounts collected: Rs.15, 000/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.