- A case under Robbery, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt, SC/ST Prevention of Atrocities Act along with has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 19/03/2008 at 1500 hrs accused one Dhananjaya Gowda R/o Patrame village Belthangady Taluk abused one Anni (24) R/o Kattadabail Patrame village Belthangady Taluk in filthy language referring to his caste and assaulted him with wooden stick and he also took away took away Rs. 3,000/ from his pocket.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 23/03/2008 at 1530 hrs on Kadri Park road at Mangalore one rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-X-3661 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one unknown pedestrian and caused him serious injuries. Further he admitted to hospital where he declared dead while under treatment on same day.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 21/03/2008 at 1500 hrs at Bantwal Town one driver of car bearing Reg. No. KA-02-MA-3455 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a Kinetic Honda scooter bearing Reg. No. KA-20-E-1101. As a result Usman K. (59) R/o Navoor village Bantwal Taluk motorcycle rider and Henry pillion rider of said motorcycle sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 23/03/2008 at 0445 hrs at Nanyya Madnoor village Puttur Taluk one driver lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-21-C-7666 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a coconut tree. As a result one Basavaraj cleaner of said lorry sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 03
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 23/03/2008 at 200 hrs one Thupran K.P. (45) R/o Kadri Mangalore accidentally fell down while working near KMC hospital at Jyothi Mangalore due to some illness. Further he was admitted KMC at Mangalore where he was declared dead while under treatment on the same day. The death seems to be due some illness.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 23/03/2008 at 1030 hrs one unknown male dead body aged about 40 yrs to 45 yrs was found in Netravathi river at Kotepura Ullal Mangalore. The death seems to be due to drowning.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. 23/03/2008 at 0745 hrs one Asha (21) R/o Bajavu Kutthethur village Mangalore Taluk sustained serious burn injuries while trying to light a Kerosene lamp in her house. She was admitted to Wenlock Hospital at Mangalore where she succumbed to her injuries while under treatment on 23/03/2008 at 1030 hrs.
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Man missing has been registered in Ullal Police Station. One Kiran (20) who went at Shirasi on 18/03/2008 at 2050 hrs and did not return to his house thereafter. He has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 208
Fine amounts collected: Rs.13, 100/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.