- A case of Burglary has been registered in Barke Police Station. In between 27/03/2008 at 1900 hrs and 28/03/2008 at 0600 hrs some unknown culprits gained entry into the Canara Ice and Cold Storage Factory at Kudroli Mangalore belonging one Sathyakumar (48) and committed theft of pump set tools and other tools all in worth Rs. 20,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case of MV Theft has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 23/03/2008 at 2130 hrs and 27/03/2008 at 0630 hrs some unknown culprits committed theft of a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-04-Y-1724 belonging to one Jainuddin B.M. (31) R/o Keddelu Thanneerupantha village Bantwal Taluk that was parked at Nerakatte Netla Mudnoor village Bantwal Taluk. The motorcycle is worth Rs. 23,000/.
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Moodabire Police Station. On 28/03/2008 at 1545 hrs at Alangaru Marpady village Mangalore Taluk one Bhavani Shankar driver of jeep bearing Reg. No. CKG-1149 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-01-V-422. As a result Nagesh motorcycle rider and Sumithra and Sushmitha(03) pillion rider of said motorcycle sustained grievous injuries and admitted to A.J. hospital Mangalore where in Sushimitha succumbed to his injuries on the same day.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Barke Police Station. On 28/03/2008 at 2230 hrs near Empire Mall at Mangalore one driver of car bearing Reg. No. KA-33-A-3419 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-01-EF-4767. As a result motorcycle rider Mohith K. (42) R/o Pandeshwara Mangalore and pillion rider of said motorcycle sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 28/03/2008 at 1115 hrs at Rayeekatte Vittal Padnoor village Bantwal Taluk one rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-X-2931 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a jeep bearing Reg. No. MYW-2761. As a result rider of said motorcycle sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Rioting, Hurt along with Mischief of causing damage has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 28/03/2008 at 1545 hrs about 50 to 100 persons forming into an unlawful assembly at Alangaru Marpadi village Mangalore Taluk and assaulted Bhavani Shankara driver of jeep bearing Reg. No. CKG-1149, Doddabeerayya and Mirza Ajamuthulla (42) inmates of said jeep by hands and alsoge also damaged the jeep by pelting stone. The Motive seems to be that the jeep driver had earler dashed his vehicle to a motorcycle at Alangaru Marpadi village Mangalore Taluk.
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 27/03/2008 at 0830 hrs accused Shivanna Gowda abused one Chandrappa Gowda R/o Nekkilaru Vittal Town Bantwal Taluk in filthy language near his house and assaulted him with wooden stick and also gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under NDPS Act has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 28/03/2008 at 2015 hrs on credible information PSI Panambur PS along with staff arrested one Mohammed Ashif (21) R/o JMJ 631 Bengre Mangalore and seized 260 grams of Ganja from his his possession. Police apprehended him while he was selling Ganja near seashore at Panambur Mangalore.
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. In between 21/03/2008 at 1200 hrs and 28/03/2008 at 1100 hrs one Narayana Belchapada (50) R/o Majirapallakatte house Neerchalu village Kasaragod committed suicide by hanging at Ajakal Balnadu village Puttur Taluk owing to financial problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. In between 28/03/2008 and 28/03/2008 at 0830 hrs one Devadasa R/o Daipila Bantwal Town committed suicide by hanging near Ajjibettu school at Bantwal Town owing to personal problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 359
Fine amounts collected: Rs.29,800/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.