Ordinary Theft: 01
- A case of Ordinary Theft has been registered in Konaje Police Station. On 02/11/2009 at 1745 hrs on credible information Cheriyan ASI Konaje PS and his staff intercepted Lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-19-416 and KA-19-B-4655 near Seashore at Nethravathi River Mangalore and seized sand, which was being transported illegally in the Lorries. Further Police arrested driver of said Lorries Mohammed Sharif and Jainuddin. The total worth of property seized is yet too estimated.
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. On 01/11/2009 at 1100 hrs at Kenjaru village Mangalore Taluk accused Kevin and Ravi abused one U.I. Jaya R/o Kenjaru village Mangalore Taluk in filthy language and assaulted her by hand and also gave life threat to her owing to trivial issue.
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 02/11/2009 at 1630 hrs at Puduvettu cross at Dharmasthala village Belthangady Taluk one driver of Tempo traveler bearing Reg. No. KA-05-AA-8631 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and lost control over his vehicle due which Tempo traveler capsized. As a result Radhamma (55), Sachindra, Swetha Bairappa, Gopalakrishna, Vinaya, Munivenkatappa, Anusuyamma, Nagaveni and Mahesh who were traveling in the said Tempo traveler sustained serious injuries. Further they admitted to Govt hospital at Belthangady where in one Radhamma (55) was declared dead while under treatment on the same day at 0830 hrs.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 02/11/2009 at 100 hrs near KSRTC bus stand at Puttur Town one Jayantha Rai driver of mini lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-19-5567 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-Q-3802 driven by Mohammed V.K. As a result motorcycle got damaged. No causality reported.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 01/11/2009 at 1100 hrs one Yashodhara driver of Maruthi Omni car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-P-6677 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a motorcycle. As a result motorcycle rider Ahammed Abdul Khadar and Mohammed Jamal (32) pillion rider of said motorcycle sustained grievous injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. On 01/11/2009 at 1845 hrs accused Mohammed @ Darbar Mohammed and Nisar criminally restrained one Sheik Davood Hakeem (27) R/o Mooduperara village Mangalore and abused him in filthy language at Suralpady Badagulipady village Mangalore Taluk and assaulted him with bat and with iron rod and also gave life threat to him owing to financial dispute between them.
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Hurt has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 02/11/2009 at 0930 hrs at Vittal cross Golthamajalu village Mangalore Taluk accused one Dayananda abused one Shashidhara (28) R/o Badagabailu Balthila village Bantwal Taluk in filthy language and assaulted him with iron rod owing to financial dispute between them.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. In between 2300 hrs of 02/11/2009 and 0400 hrs of 03/11/2009 one Sridhara (29) R/o Sametthadka Puttur Town committed suicide by jumping into the well near his house owing personal problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. In between 0730 hrs and 0745 hrs of 03/11/2009 one Asha (17) R/o Golipadavu Idre village Puttur Taluk accidentally slipped into the pond near her house while washing her clothes and died due drowning.
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Girl missing has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 29/09/2009 at 0900 hrs one Shruthi (19) R/o Laila village Bantwal Taluk went to Hemaje Netla Mudnoor village Bantwal Taluk and did not return her house there after. She has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 293
Fine amounts collected: 38,200/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.