The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 27/11/2009.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. In between 0830 hrs and 1500 hrs of 26/11/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into house belonging to one Raviraj Vittal R/o Shivabhag 5th cross Mangalore by breaking the door lock and committed theft of cash Rs 65,000/ , gold and silver ornaments all in worth Rs 2,45,000.
Ordinary Theft: 01
- A case under Ordinary Theft has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 26/11/2009 at 0730 hrs at K.K. Gate NMPT Panambur Mangalore accused Krishna Sharma driver of lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-9820 and Mohammed Aseef cleaner of said lorry committed theft of coals (6 Tone) from NMPT Panambur. Meanwhile they were caught red hand by the CISF Constable and handed over to the Police.
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case of MV Theft has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. In between 2000 hrs of 21/11/2009 and 0200 hrs of 22/11/2009 some unknown culprits committed a theft of a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-K-2548 belonging to one Francis P.T. (48) R/o Udaya Nagar Belthangady Taluk that was parked at Kolli Mithabagilu village Belthangady Taluk. The worth of motorcycle is Rs. 30,000/.
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Cheating has been registered in Kadaba Police Station where in it is alleged that one Hamza had sexual intimacy with an Eighteen year girl of Kunthoor village Puttur Taluk Taluk by promising to marry her. There upon he cheated her by refusing to marry her.
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 26/11/2009 at 1130 hrs at Baggumoole Kula village Bantwal Taluk one Abdul Jaleel driver of Lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-25-7297 drove his vehicle in a rash negligent manner and collided against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-EA-2601. As a result Ibrahim Sakhafi (36) R/o Mutta Uppinangady Puttur Taluk sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Subramanya Police Station. On 26/11/2009 at 1530 hrs near Vanadurga Temple at Subramanya Town Sullia Taluk one Naveen rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-09-AK-582 drove his vehicle in a rash negligent manner and collided against one Praneeth P Rai (16) R/o Balpa village Sullia Taluk a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Rioting, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Barke Police Station. On 25/11/2009 at 1045 hrs accused Charan @ Vikki, Chethan @ Chethu, Prashanth @ Pacchu, Shreyas and others forming into unlawful assembly at Carbal Garden Bokkapattana Mangalore and abused Abdul Jaleel (21) R/o Kudroli Mangalore, Farahan and Javid in filthy language and also gave life threat to them owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Hurt has been registered in Uppiangady Police Station. On 23/11/2009 at 1130 hrs at Nekkilady Puttur Taluk accused Rohitashwa @ Rohith, Suresh Poojary and Sathish Shetty @ Munna abused one Dharnappa Poojary (28) R/o Netlamudnur village Bantwal Taluk in filthy language and assaulted him by hand owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Konaje Police Station. On 26/11/2009 at one unknown male dead body aged about 55 yrs was found near in Nethravathi River at Harekala village Mangalore Taluk. It is seems to be a case of drowning.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Subramanya Police Station. On 26/11/2009 at 1600 hrs one Thammaya Gowda (65) R/o Pambethady village Sullia Taluk committed suicide by hanging near his house owing to health problem.
Missing Persons: 02
- A case of Man missing has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. One Ganesh (38) R/o Suralpady Badagulippady village Mangalore Taluk left his house on 13/11/2009 and did not return to his house there after. He has been found missing since then.
- A case of Man missing has been registered in Vittal Police Station. One Francis Rodrigues (47) R/o Karopady village Bantwal Taluk left his house on 20/11/2009 and did not return to his house there after. He has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 400
Fine amounts collected: 41, 600/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.