The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 18/11/2009.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Sullia Police Station. In between 1800 hrs of 16/11/2009 and 0900 hrs 17/11/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into the Benson Copra Factory at Goonadka Sampaje village Sullia Taluk by breaking the shutter lock and committed theft of Aluminum trays and electronic scale all in worth Rs. 10,000/.
Ordinary Theft: 01
- A case under Attempt to commit theft has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 16/11/2009 at 2100 hrs accused one Suresh (22) R/o Kundapura Udupi District gained entry into the Nadakacheri at Marpadi village Mangalore Town by breaking the door lock and attempted to committed theft.
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Cheating along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Vittal Police Station where in it is alleged that accused one Sathish (27) had sexual intimacy with one twenty two year old girl of Noojibail Kolnadu village Bantwal Taluk by promising to marry her. There upon he refused to marry her and cheated her and also gave life threat to her.
Road Traffic Accidents: 04
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic East Police Station. On 17/11/2009 at 0835 hrs near Bendoorwel one Praveen Rail Kukkuvalli R/o Irde village while getting in to the bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-5668, driver of said bus moved the bus in a negligent manner due which he fell down from the bus and sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic East Police Station. On 16/11/2009 at 1910 hrs at Pumwell circle Mangalore unknown rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-H-5716 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Guruprasad (25) R/o Kavalakatte Mudur village Bantwal Taluk a pedestrian and caused him grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 16/11/2009 at 2130 hrs at Baikampady Mangalore one Rajendra driver of Bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-AD-0777 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Alexandor (55) R/o Thokur village Mangalore a pedestrian and caused him grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 16/11/2009 at 2030 hrs at Kanyadi one Vishwanatha driver of Maxicab bearing Reg. No. KA-21-2752 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a motorcycle baring Reg. No. KA-19-L-2663. As a result yashodhara (26) R/o Koyyur village Belthangady Taluk rider of said motorcycle sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Hurt along with Criminal Intimidation has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 16/11/2009 at 2200 hrs at Dakke Mangalore accused two unknown persons came in motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-20-6293 and assaulted one Abdul latheef (30) R/o Thokkottu Mangalore and gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Hurt, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Criminal Intimidation has been registered in Konaje Police Station. On 16/11/2009 at 2130 hrs at Malarpadav Pavoor village Mangalore Taluk accused Ilyas, Riyaz, Taslim and Anwar all residents of Pavoor came in a Jeep and abused one Mohammed Rafique (28) R/o Pavoor Village Mangalore Taluk in filthy language and assaulted him by knife and also gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 17/11/2009 one Sadananda (35) R/o Kemminje village Puttur Taluk committed suicide by jumping into well near Adarsha Hospital Puttur Town owing to health problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 376
Fine amounts collected: 33,300/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.