The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 08/11/2009.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Cheating has been registered in Kadaba Police Station where in it is alleged that one Sundara R/o Kodimbala village Puttur Taluk had sexual intimacy with a Twenty four year girl of Kodimbala village Puttur Taluk by promising to marry her. There upon he refused to marry her and cheated her.
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic West Police Station. On 06/11/2009 at 1730 hrs near State bank Mangalore one driver of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-EA-478 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Chandrakanth Rao a pedestrian and caused him grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Konaje Police Station. On 07/11/2009 at 1030 hrs near Konaje Telephone Center Mangalore Taluk one Bhanu Prakash driver of Tata Sumo bearing Reg. No. KA-36-MA-2658 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-P-9435 driven by one Abubakkar (37). As a result the car got damaged. No causalities reported.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Criminal restraint, Hurt along with Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. On 07/11/2009 at 0900 hrs at Shanthi nagar Bus stand Bajpe Mangalore Taluk accused Sumith Rai R/o Bajpe Mangalore Taluk criminally restrained one Sesappa Poojary R/o Shanthi nagar Bajpe Mangalore Taluk and abused him in filthy language and assaulted him by hand owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Konaje Police Station. On 06/11/2009 in between 0800 hrs and 0900 hrs one Sadananda Shetty (34) R/o Morla House Naringana Village Bantwal Taluk committed suicide by consuming some poison in his house owing to health problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 07/11/2009 at 0800 hrs one Asha Jain (21) Siddavana Ujire village Belthangady Taluk was accidentally slipped into the pond at while walking near her house and died due to drowning.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 243
Fine amounts collected: 32,900/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.