The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 04/11/2009.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 03/11/2009 at 1815 hrs at Gujjaragundy Beluvai village Mangalore Taluk one driver of goods tempo bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-5766 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a Bicycle. As a result one Nihal (10) rider of rider of said bicycle sustained serious injuries and died on the spot.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic East Police Station. On 03/11/2009 at 2025 hrs near Bikarnakatte at Mangalore one driver of pick up vehicle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-8233 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-31119 driven by Dr. J.C. D Souza R/o Kalpane Kulashekara Mangalore As a result car got damaged. No causality reported. Further the car driver escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 03/11/2009 at 1300 hrs near Nayaks Hotel at Sullia Town one unknown motorcycle rider drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Thejanagendra a pedestrian and caused her simple injuries. Further the motorcycle rider escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Hurt has been registered in Konaje Police Station. On 02/11/2009 at 1015 hrs at Nadupadavu Kairangala village Bantwal Taluk accused one unknown persons assaulted one Rajendra Alva (40) R/o Karirangala village Bantwal Taluk with sharp weapon.
- A case under Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 03/11/2009 at 0800 hrs accused Sudhakara, Prashantha Poojary, Ashoka Poojary and Harish Poojary criminally restrained Mohammed Nasir and Ahammed Sakeer at Kammaje Thenkabellur village Bantwal Taluk and abused them in filthy language and assaulted them by hand and also gave life threat to them owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 02/11/2009 at 1210 hrs one Sundara R/o Thadambail Surathkal village Mangalore Taluk accidentally fell down while working in his house and seriously injured. Further he was admitted to Wenlock hospital at Mangalore where in he was declared dead while under treatment on same day at 1745 hrs.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 03/11/2009 one Shivaraja (45) R/o Ajjibettu Bantwal Town accidentally slipped into the well at Daipala Bantwal Town while walking in his house and died due to drowning.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 475
Fine amounts collected: 47,000/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.