The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 26/11/2009.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Sullia Police Station. In between 2300 hrs of 24/11/2009 and 0500 hrs of 25/11/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into Igayathula Islam Jumma Mosque at Mogarpane Sullia Town by breaking the door lock and committed theft of cash Rs 11,500/.
Ordinary Theft: 01
- A case of Ordinary Theft has been registered in Urwa Police Station. On 25/11/2009 at 0230 hrs some unknown culprits committed theft of a Nokia Mobile Phone belonging to one Anupama R/o Quarters No. 28, Hat hill Mangalore which was kept inside her house. The Nokia Mobile phone is worth Rs. 5,000/.
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case of MV Theft has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. In between 2000 hrs of 21/11/2009 and 0200 hrs of 22/11/2009 some unknown culprits committed a theft of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-K-2548 belonging to one Francis P.T. (48) R/o Udaya Nagar Belthangady Taluk that was parked at Kolli Mithabagilu village Belthangady Taluk. The worth of motorcycle is Rs. 30,000/.
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 23/11/2009 at 1130 hrs at near Boluvaru Puttur Town Mangalore Taluk one driver of TMaruthi Omni car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-P-694 drove his vehicle in a rash negligent manner and collided against an Auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-21-2013. As a result Babu (42) R/o Bannur village Puttur Taluk auto rickshaw driver sustained simple injuries. The Omni car driver escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 23/11/2009 at 1430 hrs at Kollaje Kedambady village Puttur Taluk one Kempanna driver of KSRTC Bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-F-2417 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-E-6919. As a result one Vyasarya Achari rider of motorcycle sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Criminal trespass, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 18/11/2009 accused Revathi Shetty (60) and Sukhananda Shetty (40) criminally trespassed into the land at Kallamundkoor village Mangalore Taluk belonging to Udaya Shetty (41) and abused him in filthy language and also gave life threat to him owing to civil dispute.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Mulki Police Station. On 24/11/2009 at 1900 hrs one Manjunatha (35) R/o Sheemanthoor village Mangalore Taluk committed suicide by hanging in his relatives house owing to health problem.
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Man missing has been registered in Vittal Police Station. Francis (47) R/o Karuvappady village Bantwal Taluk left his house on 20/10/2009 at 0800 hrs and did not return to his house there after. He has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 301
Fine amounts collected: 27, 600/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.