- A case of Robbery has been registered in Urwa Police Station relating to an incident of chain snatching. On 10/11/2009 at 1715 hrs on Bejai New road at Mangalore one Jacinta Celina Babosa (50) R/o Bejai New road Mangalore was on her way to home by walk. At that time two unknown persons snatched the gold chain from her neck and ran away. The value of the property is Rs. 90,000/.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. In between 0900 hrs and 1945 hrs of 10/11/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into the house belonging to one Mutthappa Moolya R/o Honnakatte Gadardy village Belthangady Taluk by removing the roof tiles and committed theft of gold ornaments and cash all in worth Rs. 48,000/.
Ordinary Theft: 01
- A case under Attempt to commit theft has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 08/11/2009 at 1830 hrs some unknown culprits gained entry into the Mescom office at Bannur village Puttur Taluk by breaking the window grill and attempted to committed theft.
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case of MV Theft has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. In between 1600 hrs of 06/11/2009 and 0900 hrs of 07/11/2009 some unknown culprits committed a theft of a Tata Indica car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-9956 belonging to one Alwin Pereira (38) R/o Padavu Parangipete Mangalore that was parked near Pragathi Compound at Balmatta road Mangalore. The worth of Tata Indica car is to be estimated.
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 04
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 09/11/2009 at 1315 hrs on Kodi main road at Ullal Mangalore one Iqbal Mohammed rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-0453 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one S. Fazal Ali (33) R/o Kodi Ullal Mangalore a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Kavoor Police Station. On 10/11/2009 at 1330 hrs on NH-17 at Bangra Kuloor Mangalore one Mohammed Irshad driver of Scorpio car bearing Reg. No. KA-44-M-1155 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Surendra a pedestrian and caused him grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Kadaba Police Station. On 06/11/2009 at 1045 hrs at Athoor Ramakunja village Puttur Taluk one Yelyanna Gowda (62) R/o Koila village Puttur Taluk passenger of the KSRTC bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-F-2131 while getting down from the bus, the driver of bus moved the bus in a negligent manner due which he fell down from the bus and sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Venoor Police Station. On 09/11/2009 at 1815 hrs at Kapinadka Thenkakarandoor village Belthangady Taluk one Navid driver of bus bearing Reg. No. KA-20-B-3739 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent and collided against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-K-6383. As a result Ganesh (33) R/o Belthangady Taluk sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Hurt has been registered in Venoor Police Station. On 10/11/2009 at 0730 hrs at Gundyadka Shirlalu village Belthangady Taluk accused one Pastel Fernandez abused one Sebastian Fernandez (62) in filthy language and assaulted him with wooden stick owing to trivial issue.
- A case under SC/ST Prevention of Atrocities Act along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 02/11/2009 accused one Rajiva Kanchan abused one Monappa Bangera R/o near Meenakaliya Chennal Baikampady Mangalore in filthy language referring to his caste and also gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 08/11/2009 at 0030 hrs one Savitha (34) R/o Majalu Aryapu village Puttur Taluk committed suicide by jumping into the well near her house owing to personal problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 150
Fine amounts collected: 13,400/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.