The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 07/11/2009.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case of MV Theft has been registered in Barke Police Station. In between 1230 hrs and 1300 hrs of 09/10/2009 some unknown culprits committed a theft of Hero Honda Splendor motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-U-1612 belonging to one Arun Kumar (32) R/o Babu Rao compound Kodikal Mangalore that was parked near Vani Printers at M.G Road Mangalore. The motorcycle is of worth Rs. 25,000/.
Crime against Women: 02
- A case under Cruelty by Husband and relatives along with Dowry Prohibition Act has been registered in Surathkal Police Station on the complaint of Muneera Bhanu w/o Abdul Rahiman R/o 2nd Block Katipalla Mangalore. In the complaint it is alleged that accused Abdul Rahiman (husband) and his relatives Saramma, Khadar, Hamza, Haseena and Zeenath gave physical and mental harassment to Muneera Bhanu to bring more dowry.
- A case of Outraging the modesty of women along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Venoor Police Station. On 05/11/2009 at 1000 hrs one Ashwini (11) R/o Gindadi Thenkakarandoor village Belthangady Taluk was at her home at that time accused one Hameed came near her and tried to outrage her modesty by pulling her hand and also gave life threat to her.
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic West Police Station. On 05/11/2009 at 1930 hrs near Poonja International hotel at Mangalore one Villi Paul rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KL-08-AE-815 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and lost control over the vehicle due which motorcycle capsized. As a result Villi Paul rider of said motorcycle sustained grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic West Police Station. On 05/11/2009 at 1000 hrs near Poonja Arcade K.S Rao road Mangalore one Nagesh driver of auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-9125 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Saraswathi (33) R/o Pedumala Neermarga Mangalore a pedestrian and caused her simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 05/11/2009 at 1300 hrs at K.C Road Golthamajalu village Bantwal Taluk accused Kasim and Haris K.K abused one Noorul Mubeen (25) R/o K.C Road Golthamajalu village Bantwal Taluk in filthy language and assaulted him by hand and also gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: Nil
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 307
Fine amounts collected: 33,600/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.