- A case of Burglary has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On the night of 13-14/12/2006 some unknown culprits gained entry into the house of one Raghavendresh (21) R/o Meghashyam Kadri Mangalore and committed theft of a Laptop computer and Mobile phone all in worth Rs 24,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 04
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bajpe Police Station where in one Chandrahasa Shetty R/o Panjimogeru village Mangalore Taluk was declared dead while under treatment on 16/12/2006 at 2030 hrs. The said Chandarahasa was seriously injured by a motorcycle in a road traffic accident on 09/12/2006 at 1030 hrs at Yekkaru Thenka-ekkaru Mangalore Taluk and admitted to the Fr. Mullers Hospital Mangalore. In this connection a case has already been registered in Bajpe Police Station.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered Puttur Town Police Station. On 17/12/2006 at 1300 hrs near Mura village Lakshmi (55) R/o Kallega house Nehru Nagar Puttur Taluk a passenger of the K.S.R.T.C bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-F-2170 fell down from the bus while getting down as the driver of the bus one Jaganatha moved the bus in a negligent manner and sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 16/12/2006 at 2345 hrs at Aamchinadka Madnur village Puttur Taluk one driver of Maruti car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-N-1463 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against an Auto Tempo bearing Reg. No. KA-21-6221 due which the Auto Tempo capsized. As a result driver of Auto Tempo Chandrashekar (49) R/o Ariyadka village Puttur Taluk and Yathish a passenger in the said Auto Tempo sustained simple injuries. The driver of Maruti car escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 16/12/2006 at 1330 hrs at Meginapete Vittal Town one Abdul Khadar driver of auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-9824 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Kamala (65) w/o Ananda R/o Meginapete Vittal a pedestrian and caused her grievous injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Criminal trespass, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. On 16/12/2006 at 2300 hrs accused Radhakrishna and Shivarama Shetty criminally trespassed into the land belonging to one Jayanthi U Shetty (36) R/o Uggemaru Bajpe village and abused her and her husband Umesh Shetty and assaulted them by hand and also gave life threat to them owing to personal enmity.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 03
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Moodbidre Police Station. On 17/12/2005 at 0330 hrs one Sanjeeva Poojary (40) R/o Kattada Bailu Padukonaje village committed suicide by hanging in his house owing to personal problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 17/12/2005 at 0900 hrs one Annamma (47) R/o Paddadka Nellyadi village committed suicide by consuming poison in her house owing to health problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Kavoor Police Station. On the night 17-18/12/2006 one Range Gowda (60) a Coolie fell down near Devi Prasad Kulur Junction and found dead. The death seems to be due to excessive drinking.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 88
Fine amount collected: 5700/
For details contact district Control Room on 0824 2220500