- A case of Burglary has been registered in Ullal Police Station. In between 20/12/2006 at 1600 hrs and 21/12/2006 at 0800 hrs some unknown culprits committed theft of two LCD projectors that were kept in the Academy Lecture hall 1 and 2 at K.S. Hegde Medical College Nithyananda Nagara Kotekaru village Mangalore Taluk. The stolen property is worth Rs. 2,50,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 02
- A case under Criminal restraint, Hurt, Outraging the modesty of woman along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 21/12/2006 at 1500 hrs accused Sathish Mugera criminally restrained one one girl R/o Padukonaje village at Kadambara Bettu Padukonaje village and outraged her modesty by pulling her dress and assaulted her with hand and also gave life threat to her.
- A case under insulting the modesty of woman has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 21/12/2006 at 1430 hrs accused one Abdul Rahiman came in a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KL-14-D-5396 at Kudkoli Nettanige Mudnoor village Puttur Taluk and insulted the modesty of one minor girl R/o Nettanige Mudnoor village Puttur Taluk while she was on the way to her house.
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered Mangalore East Police Station. On 21/12/2006 at 1500 hrs in front of Canara Culb Mangalore city one Nagaraj driver of Bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-9693 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a Maruti car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-P-865 driven by one Deepak Shedde (37) R/o Kadri Mangalore Taluk. As a result Maruti car got damaged. No causalities reported.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 14/12/2006 at 2030 hrs at Kesarugadde Beluvai village Mangalore Taluk one Balakrishna driver of an auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-2318 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-20-R-249. As a result motorcycle rider Praveen Achary (21) R/o Beluvai village and pillion rider Ravi Acharya sustained grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 21/12/2006 at 0930 hrs at Vittal Town one rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-J-9934 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Lingappa Moolya (49) R/o Marnamigudde Vittal Town a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries. Further motorcycle rider lost his control over his vehicle due to which the motorcycle capsized. As a result pillion rider of the said motorcycle sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Rioting, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 21/12/2006 at 2300 hrs at Green Park Bar and Restaurant the workers of said Restaurant forming in to an unlawful assembly abused one Nithesh Bhandary (26) a customer and his friends in filthy language and assaulted them by hand and with chair. The motive seems to be dispute regarding of bill payment.
- A case under Rioting, Hurt along with Prevention of destruction & loss of property Act 1981 has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 21/12/2006 at 2130 hrs accused Farooque, his brother and others forming into an unlawful assembly stopped the bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-7567 at Kalayee Ammunje village Bantwal Taluk and dragged the driver of said bus Chandrahas (29) R/o Ajjinadka Thenka Bellur village and Conductor Narayana and assaulted them with wooden stick and also damaged the bus owing to trivial issue. The damage caused is Rs. 5,000/.
- A case under Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 21/12/2006 at 1820 hrs near State Bank Bus Stand Mangalore Taluk one driver of bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-7733 abused the driver of bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-AB-3333 one Jameel A.M. (24) R/o Manjanady village Mangalore Taluk in filthy language and assaulted him with iron rod. The motive seems to be dispute over timing of the bus routes.
- A case under Counterfeit currency has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 21/12/2006 at 1600 hrs on credible information PSI Bantwal Town PS along with his staff arrested Ashoka @ Ravi (34) R/o Chitradurga and Nissar Ahamad (20) R/o Chitradurga and seized 10 notes of face value Rs.500/ each from their possession. Police apprehended them while they were trying to circulate Fake currency at Jakribettu of Bantwal Town. However another accused managed to escape from the scene.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Kavoor Police Station. One Mallesha (23) R/o Baila Hongala Belgam district committed suicide by hanging in his room at Safa Nagar Panjimogaru Mangalore Taluk owing to health problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 269
Fine amount collected: 14,900/
For details contact district Control Room on 0824 2220500