- A case of Burglary has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On the night of 19-20/12/2006 some unknown culprits gained entry into the shop at Mani belonging to one Narayana Pai (40) R/o Mani Bantwal Taluk by breaking the shutter lock and committed theft of cash Rs. 8,000/.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Kadaba Police Station. On the night of 20-21/12/2006 some unknown culprits gained entry into the house of one Balaji Shetty (48) R/o Kundaje house Ramakunja village Puttur Taluk by removing roof tiles and committed theft of gold ornaments and cash Rs. 2,500/ all in worth Rs.11.000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 04
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered Mangalore South Police Station. On 24/11/2006 at 1130 hrs near Mangala Devi Temple Mangalore Taluk one Murali V. rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-U-4939 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and applied break suddenly due to which motorcycle capsized. As a result one Vasagan P. (34) R/o Ekkuru Bajal Mangalore Taluk sustained grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Surthakal Police Station. On 19/12/2006 at 2000 hrs in front of Sadananda Hotel Idya village Mangalore Taluk one Shekar Ameen driver of Maruti Alto Car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-MN-5599 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Edward D’Souza (40) R/o Munchoor Srinivasanagar Mangalore Taluk a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 20/12/2006 at 0850 hrs at Variyadi Marpadi village one Dinesh Poojary driver of auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-1064 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-J-563. As a result motorcycle rider Prakash Acharya (33) R/o Shirthady village sustained grievous injuries and Shekar who was travelling in the said auto rickshaw sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 20/12/2006 at 1120 hrs on NH 48 at Udane Shiradi village one driver of Maruti omni car bearing Reg. No. KA-04-3499 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a bicycle. As a result bicycle rider one Prasanth (15) R/o Mundal house Konaje village Puttur Taluk sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under NDPS Act has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 20/12/2006 at 2015 hrs on credible information PSI Mangalore South PS with staff arrested one Rajan (52) R/o Purayil house Kururnagapalli Kilvan Kerala State and seized 500 grams of Ganja from him. Police apprehended him while he was selling Ganja near Nehru Maidan at Mangalore. The seized Ganja is worth Rs. 2,500/.
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. On 16/12/2006 at 0630 hrs one Sitha Saliyan (70) R/o Thenka Edapadvu village Mangalore Taluk sustained serious burn injuries while trying to light a stove at her house. She was admitted to Athena Hospital Mangalore where she succumbed to her injuries while under treatment on 20/12/2006 at 0930 hrs.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 20/12/2006 in between 0800 hrs and 1745 hrs one Raju (45) R/o Seni house Amarapadunoor village Sullia Taluk committed suicide by hanging in his house owing to health problem.
Missing Persons: 02
- A case of Girl missing has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. One Raihna (19) D/o Abdul Rahiman K R/o Padadka house Paduvanoor village Puttur Taluk left her house on the night of 02-03/12/2006 and did not return to her house there after. She has been found missing since then.
- A case of Boy missing has been registered in Belthnagady Police Station. One Chethan (20) who was working in Jain Restaurant at Belthangady Town belonging to one Santhosh Jain has been found missing from 18/12/2006 at 0530 hrs.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 289
Fine amount collected: 19,500/
For details contact district Control Room on 0824 2220500