- A case of Burglary has been registered in Ullal Police Station. In between 07/12/2007 at 2300 hrs and 08/12/2007 at 0630 hrs some unknown culprits gained entry into the Gents hostel at Someshwara village Mangalore Taluk by removing the window glass and committed theft of 03 mobile phones all in worth Rs. 16,500/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 02
- A case under Cruelty by husband, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Women Police Station on the complaint of one Hema Prabha W/o Ananda R/o Subhashchandra Nagara Kulai Mangalore. In the complaint it is alleged that accused Ananda (35) (husband) R/o Bikarnakatte Mangalore gave physical and mental harassment to one Hema Prabha and he assaulted her by hand on 27/10/2007 and also gave life threat to her.
- A case under Outraging the modesty of women along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 07/12/2007 at 1300 hrs one Nalini (17) D/o Mondankila R/o Idabettu Kuriya village Puttur Taluk was on her way from shop to home by walk. At that time accused one Dinesh @ Hukrappa R/o Kuriya village Puttur Taluk tried to outrage her modesty by pulling her hand and also gave life threat to her.
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 07/12/2007 at 1030 hrs one Abdul Aziz driver of Lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-19-8107 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against the busstand at Service busstand Mangalore. As a result bus stand collapsed and one Abdul Aziz driver of said lorry sustaind simple injuries.
- A Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 07/12/2007 at 1130 hrs Rajesh Shetty rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-X-1044 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against an auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-5277. As a result Rajesh Shetty rider of said motorcycle sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Hurt along with Mischief of causing damage has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 08/12/2007 at 1545 accused unknown 4 persons entered into the shop at Balmatta Mangalore belonging to one Anjan and assaulted one Anil Shetty (25) R/o Thardolya Jeppinamogeru Mangalore with knief also damaged the shop by breaking Showcase glass. The damage is caused about Rs. 30,000/.
- A case under Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Hurt has been registered in Barke Police Station. On 07/12/2007 at 2300 hrs accused Shivan and other two persons criminally restrained one Jacob V.V (23) R/o Calicut Kerala State at Leeya Hotel Boluru Mangalore and abused him in filthy language and also assaulted him with wooden stick owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 08/12/2007 at 0930 hrs one Anthony Crasta (40) R/o Katthari Kallu Thenkabelluru village Bantwal Taluk accidentally fell down from the arecanut tree while removing arecanut and got seriously injured. Further he was admitted to Coloco hospital at Mangalore where he succumbed to his injuries on the same day at 1845 hrs.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 213
Fine amounts collected: Rs. 11,700/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500