- A case of Burglary has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. In between 2330 hrs of 09/06/2009 and 0250 hrs of 10/06/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into the house belonging to one Mohan K. Acharya (58) R/o Kukkaje Manchi village Bantwal Taluk by breaking the door lock and committed theft of gold ornaments and cash Rs. 1,100 all in worth Rs.36, 100/.
Ordinary Theft: 01
- A case of Ordinary Theft has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. In between 1130 hrs and 1530 hrs of 10/06/2009 some unknown culprits committed theft of cash Rs.20, 000 and gold ornaments that was kept inside the house belonging to one Eshwara R/o Mooduperara village Mangalore Taluk. The value of stolen property Rs. 22,000.
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case of MV Theft has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 10/06/2009 at 1400 hrs PI Puttur Town PS apprehended Yakub (28) R/o Belandoor village Puttur Taluk and Praveen Kumar R/o Kedambady village Puttur Taluk who were found moving suspiciously on a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-H-3590 at Darbe junction Puttur Town. On enquiry it was learnt that the said motorcycle has been stolen somewhere else. Accordingly a case was registered in Puttur Town PS.
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Venoor Police Station. On 09/06/2009 at 1530 hrs at Nadayee Naravi village Belthangady Taluk one Narayana P. driver of Maruti Swift car bearing Reg. No. KA-20-B-4240 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-X-7506. As a result motorcycle rider Sudesha and Kirthi Prasad pillion rider of said motorcycle sustained grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mulki Police Station. On 10/06/2009 at 1430 hrs near Kolnadu junction at Karnadu village Mangalore Taluk one unknown bus driver drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent and collided against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. MEG-2126. As a result one Narasimha Aithal P. R/o Meenakaliya Panambur Mangalore rider of said motorcycle sustained simple injuries. The unknown driver of bus escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under House trespass, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. On 10/06/2009 at 1430 hrs accused Mahesha and another one person criminally trespassed into the house belonging to one Darpan Jain (32) R/o Hosamane Karamogaru Muloor village Mangalore Taluk and abused him in filthy language and assaulted him and wife by hand and also gave life threat to them owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Mischief of causing damage along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 04/06/2009 at 1830 hrs accused Lokayya Malekudiya, Dharnappa Malekudiya and Shivappa Malekudiya damaged the house belonging to one Yogisha @ Annu Malekudiya (36) R/o Nandila Nidle village Belthangady Taluk and also gave life threat to him owing to civil dispute between them. The damage caused is about Rs. 21,000/.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 09/06/2009 at 0645 hrs one Prasanna Kumari R/o Marangallu Aleti village Sullia Taluk sustained serious burn injuries while trying to light a Kerosene stove at her house and she was admitted to Wenlock hospital at Mangalore where she succumbed to her injuries while under treatment on 10/06/2009 at 0610 hrs.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 381
Fine amounts collected: 40,700/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.