- A case under Murder has been registered in Venoor Police Station. On 16/06/2009 at 0915 hrs at Kardhadka Marodi village Belthangady Taluk accused one Prameela R/o Kardhadka Marodi village Belthangady Taluk assaulted her relatives Dharnappa Poojary (39) Jayanthi and Rukku (72) all residents of Kardhadka Marodi village Belthangady Taluk with wooden stick. Further Rukku sustained serious injuries and died on the spot.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Cheating along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Vittal Police Station where in it is alleged that accused one Keshava (26) R/o Emaje Netlamudnoor village Bantwal Taluk had sexual intimacy with one twenty six year old girl of Vittal Town Bantwal Taluk by promising to marry her. There upon he refused to marry her and cheated her and also gave life threat to her.
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic East Police Station. On 16/06/2009 at 0735 hrs at Bejai Junction Mangalore one driver of Maruti Swift car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-P-1537 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-H-1757. As a result Shreyas Ram (12) R/o V.T Road Cart street Mangalore a pillion rider of said motorcycle sustained simple injuries. The car driver escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 15/06/2009 at 1600 hrs near Hassanaji weighbridge at Baikampady Mangalore one Ravi driver of Mahindra Pickup Jeep bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-8118 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and applied break suddenly due which one Obanna who was traveling in the said jeep was thrown out and sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 16/06/2009 at 1830 hrs near Santhekatte Belthangady Town one Shashidhara rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-20-J-2054 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against another motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-R-3863. As a result riders and pillions riders of both the motorcycles sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Rioting, House trespass, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Hurt has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 16/06/2009 at 0900 hrs accused Narayana Naik, Rukmayya Naik, Vasu Naik, Babu Naik, Yogisha, Shivappa Naik, Dinesha Naik, Parameshwara Naik, Appi Kumari, Girija, Yashodha and Kusuma forming into unlawful assembly and criminally trespassed into the house belonging to one Ajith Kumar K. N (49) R/o Uruvalu village Belthangdy Taluk and abused him in filthy language and assaulted him and Udaya Shankar Bhat by hand owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Seizure of Stolen property has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 16/06/2009 at 0530 hrs PI Puttur Town PS along with staff intercepted a Swaraj Mazda lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-20-6687. On checking Police officials found a Maruti Alto car bearing Reg. No. KA-25-M-7528, which was being transported illegally in the Swaraj Mazda lorry. Police seized both the vehicles by apprehending Mohammad (33) R/o Pathoor Kasaragod Kerala State, Abubakkar (35) R/o Varkadi Kerala State, Abdul Bahsir R/o Varkadi Kerala State and Irfan (18) R/o Varkadi Kerala State. On enquiry it was learnt that the said vehicles have been stolen somewhere else. The total value of property seized is Rs.5, 00,000/.
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with SC/ST Prevention of Atrocities Act has been registered in Panambur Police Station. In between 13/01/2009 and 09/03/2009 accused Kusuma, Poovappa Naik, Chandrashekara M and Ramesh Bhandary abused one Keshava V (47) R/o NMPT Colony Panambur Mangalore Taluk in filthy language referring to his caste near NMPT workers Co-Operative Society at Panambur Mangalore Taluk owing to trivial issue.
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered Ullal Police Station where in the dead body of one Mahabala (65) R/o Ullalabailu Ullal village Mangalore Taluk has been found at the seashore at Someshwara village Mangalore Taluk. The said Mahabala was accidentally slipped into the sea at Someshwara village Mangalore Taluk on 16/06/2009 and a missing case was already registered in Ullal Police Station.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 312
Fine amounts collected: 21,400/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.