- A case of Burglary has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. In between 0800 hrs and 1345 hrs of 29/06/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into the house belonging to one Ibrahim A. (41) R/o Gadipila house Narimogaru village Puttur Taluk by breaking the back door and committed a theft of gold ornaments and 3 Nokia mobiles hand sets all in worth Rs. 15, 000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case of MV Theft has been registered in Panambur Police Station. In between 2200 hrs of 26/06/2009 and 0800 hrs of 27/06/2009 some unknown culprits committed theft of a Hero Honda motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-R-5633 belonging to one Shrikanth Kumar S. (33) R/o Dayashri Nilaya New Colony Kotekaru village Mangalore that was parked near his house. The motorcycle is worth Rs. 20, 000/.
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 28/06/2009 at 2330 hrs at Hosmar Nellikaru village Mangalore Taluk one Rasul driver of lorry bearing Reg. No. MP-02-W-5258 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a tree. As a result one Rehamathulla cleaner of the said lorry sustained serious injuries. Further he succumbed to his injuries while on the way to hospital.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic East Police Station. On 29/06/2009 at 1115 hrs near Korirotti junction Mangalore one unknown driver of auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-8922 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-X-3482. As a result one Manasa Gupta (23) R/o Gyanpura road Badohi district Utter Pradesh State rider of said motorcycle sustained simple injuries. The auto rickshaw driver escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 28/06/2009 at 1300 hrs at Udane Shirady village Puttur Taluk one driver of Maruti car bearing Reg. No. KA-13-M-2873 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Prakash a pedestrian and caused him grievous injuries. The Maruti car driver escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: 01
- A case under Rioting, Criminal restraint, Hurt, Kidnapping along with Attempt to Murder has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 28/06/2009 at 1730 hrs accused Naveen Chowta, Abhi Chowta, Udaya Kumar, Subhas Chowta, Prabhachandra Chowta, Jeevandhar Chowta and others forming into an unlawful assembly in front of Post office at Daregudde village Mangalore Taluk and stopped an Indica car and kidnapped one Jayavarma (41) R/o Hosamane Daregudde village Mangalore Taluk driver of said car and attempted to kill him by assaulting with wooden stick. The motive seems to be financial dispute between Jayavarma and accused persons.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: Nil
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 320
Fine amounts collected: 30, 500/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.