The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 24/06/2009.
Ordinary Theft: 01
- A case of Ordinary Theft has been registered in Kavoor Police Station. In between 1200 hrsof 20/06/2009 and 0500 hrs of 21/06/2009 some unknown culprits committed theft of a Power Battery and Starter belonging to Reliance Petrol Bunk at Kuloor Mangalore. The total worth of stolen property Rs 17,000/.
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Cruelty by husband along with Abetment of suicide has been registered in Mulki Police Station on the complaint of one Lalitha (50) R/o Darkasu Marooru village Karkala Taluk Udupi District. In the complaint it is alleged that accused Surendra Achari R/o Kallapu Haleyandy village Mangalore Taluk gave physical and mental harassment to one Sukanya @ Nethravathi W/o Surendra Achari R/o Kallapu Haleyandy village Mangalore Taluk due to which on 23/06/2009 at 0200 hrs she committed suicide by pouring kerosene herself and got serious burn injuries and died on the spot in her house.
Road Traffic Accidents: 04
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic East Police Station. On 23/06/2009 at 1645 hrs near Ambedkar circle at Mangalore one driver of bus bearing Reg. No. KA-20-A-2451 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a car bearing Reg. No.KA-03-MB-5227. As a result the car got damaged. No causality reported.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Konaje Police Station. On 22/06/2009 at 1730 hrs in front of Ayyappa Temple at Deralakatte Belma village Mangalore Taluk one Riyaz driver of bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-8989 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner due which one Sudhakara (37) R/o Nithyananda Nagar Kotekar village Mangalore Taluk who was traveling in the said bus was thrown out of the bus and sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 23/06/2009 at 1230 hrs at Krishna Nagara Aramboor Aletti village Sullia Taluk one driver of jeep bearing Reg. No. KA-12-1961 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-K-5405. As a result motorcycle rider Ravichandra (28) R/o Sullia Town and Jothishi M.K. pillion rider of said motorcycle sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mulki Police Station. On 23/06/2009 at 1215 hrs on NH-17 at Pavanje village Mangalore Taluk one Prasanna Bhat driver of bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-C-3461 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Girija (54) R/o Pavanje village Mangalore Taluk a pedestrian and caused her grievous injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Rioting, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt, Attempt to Murder along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Urwa Police Station. On 23/06/2009 at 2000 hrs accused Nithin Boloor, Dikshith, Hemachandra @ Shambhu, Maneesh, Sushanth, Shreyas, Roshan and driver of Alto car forming into an unlawful assembly near Bhava Tiles Factory at Ashokanagara Mangalore and abused Chethan Kumar (30) R/o Shediguri Ashokanagara Mangalore and Hariprasad and attempted to murder by assaulted them with wooden stick and sharp weapon and also gave life threat to them owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Criminal restraint, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 23/06/2009 at 0900 hrs accused unknown 3 to 4 persons criminally restrained one Soofee G Thaj (18) R/o Hosangady Manjeshwar Kasaragod District Kerala State near Mutthappa Temple at Railway Station Mangalore and assaulted him with stone and also gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 23/06/2009 at 1520 hrs one Kasthuri D/o Koraga R/o Mahabaladka Jalsoor village Sullia Taluk while working in her house due to heavy lighting she got electrocuted and died.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 23/06/2009 at 1030 hrs one dead body of Satheesha Rai (31) R/o Kukkandoor Jalsoor village Sullia Taluk was found in pond near his house owing to health problem. It seems to be a case of suicide by jumping into the pond.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 450
Fine amounts collected: 47,000/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.