- A case of Robbery has been registered in Mulki Police Station relating to an incident of chain snatching. On 14/06/2009 at 1630 hrs at Charanthipete Bappanadu village Mangalore Taluk, one Sapna (26) R/o Kundar compound Chitrapu village Mangalore Taluk was on her way to home at that time, two unknown persons aged about 25 yrs to 30 yrs came near her in a motorcycle and snatched the gold ornaments (157 grms) from her neck and ran away in their motorcycle. The value of property is around Rs.2, 20,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 14/06/2009 at 1530 hrs near Uppinangady – Subramanya Road at Kemmara Heribandadi village Puttur Taluk one Shankarappa Hanumanthappa Karigara driver of KSRTC bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-F-2670 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against another KSRTC bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-F-2466. As a result one Punith (17) R/o Karnadu Mulki Mangalore Taluk who was traveling in the bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-F-2466 sustained grievous injuries. Further Punith succumbed to his injuries while on the way to hospital.
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 14/06/2009 at 0100 hrs at Ujire Junction Belthanagdy Taluk one Irappa driver of KSRTC bus bearing Reg. No. KA-37-F-277 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one unknown person aged about 40 yrs- 50 yrs a pedestrian and caused him serious injuries. Further he was admitted to Govt. hospital at Belthangady where he was declared dead while under treatment on the same day at 0200 hrs.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Criminal trespass, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 12/06/2009 at 1830 hrs accused Joseph D’ Souza, Florin D’ Souza, A Nun and another lady criminally trespassed into the land belonging to one Merlin Rodrigues R/o Battagudda Bejai Mangalore and abused her and her husband Agnal Rodrigues in filthy language and assaulted them by hand and also gave life threat to them owing to civil dispute.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 14/06/2009 at 1030 hrs one Krishnappa Pojjary (48) accidentally fell down from a Coconut tree at Nattibailu Uppinangady Town Puttur Taluk while removing coconut and got seriously injuries and died on the spot.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 358
Fine amounts collected: 29,600/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.