- A case under Murder along with Hurt has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 03/09/2009 at 0430 hrs near New Pump house at Ramalkatte Thumbe village Bantwal Taluk accused one Swafan Konai (48) R/o West Bengal State assaulted Manik Konai (45) and Hemanth Kumar Mandal (26) R/o West Bengal with a hammer owing to personal enmity due which they are sustained serious injuries and died on the spot. He also assaulted Prahlad Saha (21) R/o West Bengal State who came to help Manik Konai (45) and Hemanth Kumar Mandal with a wooden stick.
- A case of Robbery has been registered in Surathkal Police Station relating to an incident of chain snatching. On 02/09/2009 at 1345 hrs at Kotyaru Soorinje village Mangalore Taluk one Chennamma was on her way to home by walk. At that time two unknown person snatched the gold chain from her neck and ran away. The value of the property is Rs. 60,000/.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. In between 0015 hrs and 0400 hrs of 02/09/2009 and some unknown culprits gained entry into the house belonging to one Abdul Saleem R/o Jogibettu Ilanthila village Belthangady Taluk by breaking the back door lock and committed theft of gold ornaments and cash Rs.20, 000 all in worth Rs.85, 000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under House trespass, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Outraging the modesty of woman, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Kavoor Police Station. On 26/08/2009 at 2200 hrs accused one Eshwarappa criminally trespassed into the house belonging to one Rita (37) R/o Nisargadhama Moodushedde Mangalore and abused her in filthy language and tried to outrage her modesty of her by pulling her dress and assaulted her by hand and also gave life threat to her owing to trivial issue.
Road Traffic Accidents: 01
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic West Police Station. On 01/09/2009 at 1825 hrs near PVS circle at Mangalore one driver of bus bearing Reg. No. KA-20-B-2358 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a Mini bus bearing Reg. No. KA-01-G-493. As a result Mini bus got damaged. No causality reported.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 02/09/2009 at 2020 hrs accused Hameed, Ibrahim and Rahiman abused one K.P. Ibrahim (50) R/o Kallapala Aryapu village Puttur Taluk in filthy language near his house and assaulted him by hand owing to trivial issue.
- A case of Affray has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 02/09/2009 at 1230 hrs accused Nasir S.K, Hemachandra, Raki, Ananda and Mohammed picked up quarrel and started fighting over trivial issue in a public place Gandhinagara Sullia Town. The Police arrested the accused and took up a case under affray (sec 160) IPC.
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under the Prevention of Immoral Traffic Act has been registered in Mangalore Woman Police Station. On 02/09/2007 at 1730 hrs WPSI of Women PS on rounds arrested Dildhar (37) R/o Badriya 2nd cross Mangalore, Jyothi (19) R/o Panambur Mangalore and Savithri (38) R/o Pumpwell Mangalore who were soliciting for prostitution at public place near Kankanady bus stand at Mangalore.
Unnatural Death Report: 03
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 02/09/2009 at 1930 hrs one Sowmya (18) R/o Mysore committed suicide by hanging in the rented house at Dodda Koppala Surathkal village Mangalore Taluk owing to personal problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Subramanya Police Station. In between 0630 hrs of 30/08/2009 and 0630 hrs of 02/09/200 one Vasantha Kumar R/o Nethraje Yenekallu village Sullia Taluk committed suicide by jumping into the river near his house owing to personal problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 02/09/2009 at 1230 hrs one Narayana Poojary (56) R/o Banthadka Netlamudnoor village Bantwal Taluk accidentally fell down from the coconut tree while removing coconut and got seriously injured and died on the spot.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 423
Fine amounts collected: 36,900/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.