The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 29/09/2009.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Cruelty by husband along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station on the complaint of one Ramakka (35) W/o Raghava R/o Gandhi Nagara Navoor Sullia Town. In the complaint it is alleged that accused Raghava (husband) gave physical and mental harassment to one Ramakka and also gave life threat to her.
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic East Police Station. On 28/09/2009 at 0145 hrs near Hotel Amanthrana at Attavara Mangalore one Mahesh Gatty rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-20-L-5220 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and applied the break suddenly due which motorcycle capsized. As a result motorcycle rider Mahesh Gatty and Ashwin pillion rider of said motorcycle sustained grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic West Police Station. On 28/09/2009 at 1115 hrs on Azizuddin road at Bundar Mangalore one driver of jeep bearing Reg. No. KA-19-C-3845 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Abdul Gafoor R/o Kudroli Mangalore a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 26/09/2009 at 1245 hrs at Gandhi Park Uppinangady village Puttur Taluk one Mohammed Sharief rider of Honda Activa scooter bearing Reg. No. KA-21-J-3555 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Nijamuddin a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Rioting, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 27/09/2009 at 2000 hrs accused Suresha, Prakasha, Bhujanga, Shiva and Mohandas forming into unlawful assembly near Karnataka Saw Mill at Thumbe village Bantwal Taluk and abused one Ashoka (40) R/o Kottanje Thumbe village Bantwal Taluk and assaulted him by hand and also gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty had been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 28/09/2009 at 1545 hrs accused one Prasad Pai (21) R/o Chokkabettu Iddya village Mangalore Taluk abused one Shivaprasad and Ganesh Police constables of Surathkal PS in filthy language and assaulted ShivaPrasad by hand and also gave life threat to them while they are on duty in front of Nataraj Theater at Iddya village Mangalore Taluk.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: Nil
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 31
Fine amounts collected: 4,900/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.