The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 02/02/2009.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. In between 18/09/2008 at 2000 hrs and 19/09/2008 at 0700 hrs some unknown culprits gained entry into the Sri Durgaparameshwari Temple at Kanji Balpa village Sullia Taluk by breaking the main door lock and committed theft a Bronze idol worth Rs. 9,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case under Seizure of Stolen property along with M.V. Theft has been registered in Kavoor Police Station. On 02/02/2009 at 0300 hrs on credible information PSI (Crime) Kavoor PS along with staff apprehended Aneesh (17) R/o Kudroli Bengere Mangalore and Vikram @ Vikki (17) R/o Thaneerbhavi Mangalore who were found moving suspiciously in a motorcycle at Kuloor junction Mangalore. On enquiry it was learnt that the motorcycle has been stolen somewhere else. Accordingly a case was registered in Kavoor PS and the motorcycle was seized. The seized motorcycle is worth Rs. 15,000/.
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Kadaba Police Station. On 30/01/2009 at 1130 hrs at Yermal Kuntharu village Puttur Taluk one rider of M-80 motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-H-182 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against another motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-J-4823. As a result one Kunhinna Gowda R/o Kombaru village Puttur Taluk rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-J-4823 sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 01/02/2009 at 1145 hrs at Rannady Gadardy village Belthangady Taluk one John passenger of the bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-C-2259 while getting down from the bus, the driver of bus moved the bus in a negligent manner due which he fell down from the bus and sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 02/02/2009 at 0830 hrs at Keremoole Kuvettu village Belthangady Taluk one Balakrishna driver of auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-21-9064 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and lost control over his vehicle due which auto rickshaw capsized. As a result one Dinesh R/o Kannadikatte Padangady village Belthangady Taluk who was traveling in the said auto rickshaw sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: 01
- A case under Criminal restraint along with Attempt to Murder has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 01/02/2009 at 1930 hrs accused Guruprasad, Bharath and Harish criminally restrained Praveen R/o T.T. road Mangalore, Manjunatha and Prasad near Thrishuleshwara Temple at T.T. road Mangalore and assaulted Manjunath with sword and attempted to kill him owing to previous enmity.
- A case under Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 01/02/2009 at 1845 hrs accused Araf @ Arafath, Kabeer, Shabeer and others stopped the bus at Jokatte Mangalore and abused Ismail (35) R/o Baikampady Mangalore driver and Rajith conductor of the said bus in filthy language and assaulted them by hand and also gave life threat to them owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Hurt has been registered in Bantwal Town Ploce Station. On 31/01/2009 at 1930 hrs in front of Sri Rama Hotel at Kalladka Golthamajalu village Bantwal Taluk accused Damodhara and Pushparaja assaulted one Santhu @ Santhosha (20) R/o Golthamajalu village Bantwal Taluk by hand and with knife owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 30/01/2009 at 0900 hrs in the First Flight courier at Mangala Complex Mangalore accused one Praveena Maroli R/o Mangalore abused one Sudhir Kumar J R/o Mangalore in filthy language and gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under Karnataka Excise Act has been registered in Kavoor Police Station. On 01/02/2009 at 0720 hrs on credible information DySP Excise and Lottery Detention Squade Western Range Mangalore along with staff conducted a raid on an open place near Gurupura Sea Shore at Kunjathbail Mangalore seized (15 ltrs) of illicit liquor worth Rs.3000/. However accused one Jeevan D Souza (21) R/o Maravoor Kenjaru village Mangalore Taluk managed to escape from the scene. The case handed over to Kavoor Police for conducting further investigation.
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 01/02/2009 in between 0500 hrs and 0600 hrs one Bhava T.S. (55) committed suicide by hanging at Gurikana Layeela village Belthangady Taluk owing to health problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 216
Fine amounts collected: 18, 700/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.