The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 20/02/2009.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case under M.V. Theft has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 03/02/2009 in between 1100 hrs and 1600 hrs some unknown culprits committed theft of a Splendor motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-H-5949 belonging to one Monappa P. (37) R/o Pallathadka Palthady village Puttur Taluk that was parked near Forest Office at Puttur Town. The worth of motorcycle is Rs. 12,000/.
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 01
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 19/02/2009 at 1900 hrs at Madyala Chadavu Dharmasthala village Belthangady Taluk one Radhakrishna driver of tempo bearing Reg. No. KA-19-2646 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a jeep bearing Reg. No. KA-21-7474. As a result Shashidhara Hegde (48) R/o Kakena Belthangady Town, Krishnappa, Vasantha, Muddu Swami, Shivaraj, Madu M.K, Somayya Naik, Kariya Swami and Dinesha who were traveling in the said jeep sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Rioting, Criminal trespass, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 18/02/2009 at 1200 hrs accused Hasainar, Thupail, Naseer @ Shutter Naseer, Sharif, Khadar, Imran, S.A. Naseer, Lookman and others forming into unlawful assembly near Tollgate at Panemangalore Narikombu village Bantwal Taluk and criminally trespassed into the Egal Communication Mobile Shop belonging to one Mohammed Fayaz (23) R/o Neharu Nagara Narikombu village Bantwal Taluk and abused him in filthy language and assaulted him with rod owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Hurt has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 19/02/2009 at 1920 hrs accused Shama and others criminally restrained one Safan (18) R/o Navoor village Belthangady Taluk at Manjotti Nada village Belthagady Taluk and abused him in filthy language and assaulted him by hand owing trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 19/02/2009 at 0800 hrs one unknown male aged about 35 yrs 40 yrs committed suicide by hanging near Parking place at Dharmasthala village Belthangady Taluk owing to personal problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 19/02/2009 at 1630 one Subramanya Nayak (55) was found dead near Dhanaraj Bar & Restaurant at Navoor Sullia Town. The death seems to be due to heavy drunkenness.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 427
Fine amounts collected: 43, 800/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.